BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Hipster motorcycle riders...

12K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  arcrz 
#1 ·
So I am seeing allot of hipster fools on the roads on their 1970 ish Rat/cafe racer P.O.S machines wearing their metal flake 3/4 helmets, rayban sunglasses, jean jackets and converse high tops puting around thinking they look Fonzie cool.
yesterday and today I was cut off on my bike by one of these fools. no turn signal or hand signal. had no idea how to ride on a road. Now i ride like an asshole but these guys are just downright dangerous. Another one tried to pass me on the hiway and he went into a scary tank slapper as he passed me... WTF people.. learn to ride first. then build your piece of shit 1970 rat bike...
end of rant...

#2 ·
I personally know a cluster of these fools. And it's just that - waaaaaaaaaaaay more time into sculpting their 'rides' out of rusty, bent trash that they find in the dumps and fleamarkets than actual riding time, no concern for 'modern improvements', just so long as it looks hipster-cool.

Yea, I don't ride with them. Too slow, too eratic, too heatscore, and the open-face-metalflake helmets with all-but-rotted out foam liners are apparently mandatory.

#5 ·
I don't know about any other rat bike riders, but I know I can ride. Building one right now, why? Cause its the new thing to have, barely makes the speed limit and if they impound it? Who CARES!

lol

#6 ·
You have the all girl Rat Bike group in vancouver, jean vest with pink circle black Ferrari insignia. Also skate boarders/ratbiker's seen a lot of them last year.
The 3/4 metalflake with shades and shit shoe's, just road crayons waiting to happen with the majority of their mod's involving a hacksaw.

My friend's son is into that scene but we have convinced him to take the PRS course and I have sat with him and watched lot's of youtube vids and tried to get Him to realize if you want to survive on a bike you have to develop the appropriate skills.

#13 ·
saw you going over that airport bridge the other day. you look nothing the part ;)

you got a proper helmet, and your tires are not older than either you or your bike.

#10 ·
Most have no skill's, way more important to look the part than take riding seriously and no I wouldn't want to see them on a 600 on a twisty road as they would ruin my day by planting themselves in the ditch.
Best let them enjoy their 300-350 honda's with no mufflers sounding badass in traffic winding the piss out of their little motors to keep up with the mini vans.

#11 · (Edited)
A tricked out Thruxton all shiney doesn't quite fit especially railing corners with the knee down.
You are going to have to research british mod's and rocker's to see where you fit at the ACE Cafe

I vote "Rocker" as the mod's like scooters and cordaroy.

#14 ·
...... hard on the throttle back wheel spinning leaving ******* in my wake...
If you were on a real litrebike that weighed about sixty pounds less than your RCboatanchor, it would just wheelie instead of spinning the tire.

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

#23 ·
I work with a guy in this east van rat bike scene.
He found an old hard tail triumph in a barn and spent 7k to rebuild it.
It has no speedo,battery,signals or mirrors (but still passed inspection?) and a tiny tank and is now building a pos xs650 for his girl so he can get her on a bike and they can ride to San Fran.
I try to be supportive and not be a negative prick but it is not easy when I see the helmet from a garage sale and no gear.
I wish him luck he will need it, but he may learn some valuable lessons in the process.
At least he is an experienced rider,I just had some meathead from work call me to ask me to take him out on his new 1900cc harley with ape hangers since he just has a learners.
I have all but given up talking to people about safe riding,they just don't want to hear it.

#25 ·
Bah - y'all sound like a bunch of old farts...

Puppet heater

I live in hipster central, and although there's a fair number of 'fashion-victims', there's also lots of cool riders in the rat crew (actually, many of the early ones are now all doing dual-sport riding).

Two wheels good! :evil

#27 ·
I'm glad we have this site to tell us what's cool and what's not. And to think, there's someone out there right now without any idea this site exists. They are just runing around doing the wrong thing and have no idea the correct way to ride, dress, act, purchase or think. We need cards or something so we can educate all those misguided fools doing what they think they enjoy. Don't they know everbody should be the same.:spinsmile

#30 ·
What I dont get is those guys riding around on the dirtbikes with the little tires on them, Supertards or something like that they are called. They`re all loud and shit, riding around on the sidewalks and pathways like the world is a motocross track...totally disrespectfull! Just last week I was railing a twisty road at mach 9 on my 68 Bonneville ( fastest, coolest bike ever btw!!!!) and this supertard guy passes me like I`m not even moving and pats me on the head as he went by. I was maxed and he showed no respect at all to my iconic classic. Who rides one of those things on the street anyway? What fucktards!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.