BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New waterproof leather

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jesskai 
#1 ·
This post has been deleted
#5 ·
I haven't found any spay or oil that works on leather for any extended time. cheap rain suit over leathers seems to work best.
BMW with this suit did a few extra steps it may keep you drier than most other leather gear
quote from article:
To prevent water ingress the inside of every seam is sealed with a special adhesive tape. All zippers facing the weather elements are rubber-coated and also designed to repel water.

#8 ·
not much to say other than you rub it on
it absorbs into the leather from becoming dry and closes the pores of the leather

mink oil is basically fat from the minks skin so oil fat and water dont mix go try it its at safeway for 5 bucks or less.. i dont need to prove anything .. been doing it for many yrs doesnt matter what peaople say its proved me right for my yrs of riding, not expalining anymore

just google it and say does mink oil waterproof leather youll see !!

#14 ·
Mink oil is awesome stuff---this thread inspired me to 'mink oil' my favourite boots----That little tub of mink oil is older than a lot of the BCSBers on here.
I do have some reservations though about using a by-product of the fur industry.

I stand by my statement that it's impossible to make leather truly water-proof, although one can greatly increase its water-resistance by using products like mink oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.