BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Put my bike down

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RoadBlur 
#1 ·
And can anybody tell me how to get my signal light back in w/o having to open everything up?

Arrgg, what a frustrating day.

See less See more
#3 ·
You'll need to at least take off your fairings to get a look on the other side. You likely broke something, although it is possible it just 'popped out'.. because they usually are held in with a stiff rubber thingy.

But I second what Bruce said, time for some flushmounts. :D

#4 ·
Yep

Yeah I need to get behind the fairing, but just letting the metal piece dangle and letting the rubber support it completely is _OK_ according to the mechanic at BK.

Flushmounts do sound like a good idea, but so do frame sliders big time ;).

Hey anybody remember how the trick goes to pull in the two rear signal lights by relocating their spacers?

#5 ·
Re: Yep

Mr. Murphy said:
Yeah I need to get behind the fairing, but just letting the metal piece dangle and letting the rubber support it completely is _OK_ according to the mechanic at BK.

Flushmounts do sound like a good idea, but so do frame sliders big time ;).

Hey anybody remember how the trick goes to pull in the two rear signal lights by relocating their spacers?
It's not too hard, you just remove the whole unit and slide the spacer off the support rod, then re-attach with the excess rod inside the trunk. You're still left with HUGE turn signals though. Better off getting Lockhart Phillips shorties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.