BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

2004 Fireblade

947 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Sykk_KiLL 
#1 ·
G
#3 ·
I think they're removing the Fireblade name from the bike. Don't ask me why, I think it is a perfect name for a hard edged litre bike. So far the bike is carrying the name RCB1000RR. I wish MCN got here sooner than it does. It takes a week to get to us. Sometime around the 7th of May we'll be able to see for ourselves what this beast is gonna look like.

G
#8 ·
they were very accurate with their drawings and write-ups on the 600RR before it came out. I was pretty impressed actually. They seem to be the first to break the story when it comes to spy shots and new bikes. I wouldn't bad mouth MCN. They are a very reputable mag. Even if they are a little off. I still like hearing what they have to say and seeing their pics. It gives you a good general idea of what the bike will be like. A better idea than any other mag will give you. Take Motorcyclist for instance. They are so far behind the Euro mags it's laughable. That silver/blue pic of the RCB1000RR had been floating around on the net and on MCN's site for months before they published it. When they first started showing pics of a CBR600RR or SP (as they called it), they were way the hell off. I trust the British mags more than I do the North American ones. They are simply more passionate about bike over there.

G
#9 ·
VanCityR6 said:
they were very accurate with their drawings and write-ups on the 600RR before it came out. I was pretty impressed actually. They seem to be the first to break the story when it comes to spy shots and new bikes. I wouldn't bad mouth MCN. They are a very reputable mag. Even if they are a little off. I still like hearing what they have to say and seeing their pics. It gives you a good general idea of what the bike will be like. A better idea than any other mag will give you. Take Motorcyclist for instance. They are so far behind the Euro mags it's laughable. That silver/blue pic of the RCB1000RR had been floating around on the net and on MCN's site for months before they published it. When they first started showing pics of a CBR600RR or SP (as they called it), they were way the hell off. I trust the British mags more than I do the North American ones. They are simply more passionate about bike over there.
Of course they were. If you don't know what to look for a CBR600RR looks pretty much identical to what a RC211V looks like. I'm not sure, but I think it was MCN where you could see the rear cylinder head.

I agree Brit mags are better. and more accurate, but MCN is a British Bike tabloid :)

#11 ·

British MCN is anouncing that its printed weekly magazine will include exclusive pictures of the "Blade replacement". According to the same article, Honda has gone to great extremes to top the Suzuki GSXR 1000 and Yamaha R1, with a more powerful engine, tweaked chassis, and a lighter-than-ever bike. Not only that, but it seems it will mimic the CBR 600 RR fuel tank under-seat arrangement, allowing for class-leading handling for sure.

#13 ·
Wow :eek: , i'm still kind of a newbie at bikes but damn those mufflers tucked way in like that?...damn i like that look. the font lights look nice but a little to small? unless they are really powerful then size dont matter ;) otherwise VERY nice bike looks wise!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.