Define a Poser
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Define a Poser

Bike
    sold my CBR - looking into the RS250

Define a Poser

I've been riding for 8 years and it never ceases to amaze me at the growing lack of respect for motorcycling that's exhibited by today's "poser". As a female rider, I've encountered many amateurs who've underestimated my knowledge of motorcycles and attempted to impress or should I say dupe me with their awesome skills. Of course, I don't hesitate to shut those people down in a most effective manner.

So what is a poser? It's a motorcyclist with wrong intentions. A rider who does not care about the consequences of wreckless actions on the streets or the negative attentions that it attracts. A rider who does not appreciate or respect the motorcycle as a sophisticated machine with great faculty. A rider who does not harbour some basic technical comprehension or at the very least a desire to understand it's inner beauty. It's a rider who assumes to be skilled and considers appearance more important than safety.

It's a rider whose reigning priority is to ride and impress.

Do you agree?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    yup, you pretty muched nailed it.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    tiz Red.
    I have to agree as well..

Poser in my mind is the guy that goes out, buys the best bike because he heard it was super fast. Does not buy proper gear.. and blings out the bike. A view of the squids/posers back tire reveals 3 inch "chicken strips".
    BCSB- Moderator
    Spink.ca

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    A topic that has been beat to death, but I think you pretty much nailed it
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    pinto
    i met a guy who loves to ride and impress all the time. He'll never admit it, but his actions scream it.

he even shows off for cops, can you beat that?

Geo
    I would argue that a poser is some one to whom the "riding" is secondary and the attention he/she recieves due to the bike, gear, or association with the sport is the primary concern.

I think a true rider is someone focused on the act of riding regardless of their skil level, type of bike, it's condition or value.

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    i agree with VTR rider

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY

Re: Define a Poser

Originally posted by Aprilia

So what is a poser? It's a motorcyclist with wrong intentions. A rider who does not care about the consequences of wreckless actions on the streets or the negative attentions that it attracts.
    then by all means. label me. I don't give a good-gawd-damn about most these things. I'll be the first to do a stunt-where-you're-not-'sposedta, cuz I enjoy the reactions from the sheep of society. But that's just me. One of my motos could easilly be "reckless - within reason"

A rider who does not appreciate or respect the motorcycle as a sophisticated machine with great faculty. A rider who does not harbour some basic technical comprehension or at the very least a desire to understand it's inner beauty. It's a rider who assumes to be skilled and considers appearance more important than safety.

It's a rider whose reigning priority is to ride and impress.

Do you agree?
    In my distorted lil' perceptions of the world, I view those who analyze the 'poser value' in others as the real posers. not that I'm calling you a poser. (vogue!)
    All it comes down to is, "STFU and ride your own ride"
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    Yah and when your cocky posing attitude starts to get the rest of us in trouble.... thats when we care how others ride around.

There is no true definition of the word poser, but if I can just get a picture of the 2k2 gixxer 1000 here in victoria that has more stickers than a hippy's VW Bug... then youll meet a true poser.

doug
    the term squid also comes to mind, but like poser, that has a different meaning for everyone.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    *aspiring poser*

I hope one day I can grow up to be a poser. But the poser crowd doesn't like torn up leathers mis-matched to a scratched up bike.

Harps: wannabe poser in training...
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    Originally posted by VTR_Rider
    I would argue that a poser is some one to whom the "riding" is secondary and the attention he/she recieves due to the bike, gear, or association with the sport is the primary concern.

I think a true rider is someone focused on the act of riding regardless of their skil level, type of bike, it's condition or value.
    I thought I made that point - but perhaps you articulated it better than I. =)

And I definitely agree with your last statement - it doesn't matter what type of bike you ride or the gear your wear - so long as you ride it with respect, appreciation, and self-control. Trouble occurs when you ride outside of your limits - especially when's it only to impress others or get a rise out of the crowd.

Bike
    Originally posted by CDG
    A topic that has been beat to death, but I think you pretty much nailed it
    hehehe Yes, I'm sure this topic has been discussed in every possible way - but reiteration is good. If this thread succeeds in having a rider reassess his actions - then I think the redundancy is justified. =)

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Bike
    g|xx3r
    I think Spink is a poser.

I think there's a little poser in all of us

Bike
    sumfing nekkid
    Ice Cube...lol
    Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.