Gps For My Zx 14

Thread: Gps For My Zx 14

Unregistered rider Array KingHD's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 ZX14 old bike

Gps For My Zx 14

hey Guys, I am trying to mount GPS on my 2007 Zx14. I have found some ways to do it but, I thought I would get some feed back before a spend the money.
    option 1
    online at gpscity.com you can buy new GPS units with mounting hardware. but they run between 400- 600 $. The Mounting hardware is suppose to bolt on to you clutch or brake. or a u bolt on to the handle bar. I think that mounting the GPS this way may conflict with steering, as the unit would possibly be very close to my upper front fairing. Does any one know any other way to mount them? These units come with special batterys with can last up to 20hrs, so u just charge them at night when you pull in at a hotel or home. So that solve the problem of run a wire from the battery of the bike, which i think is not the best thing to do.

option 2
    or you can buy just mounting harware (RAM MOUNTS) for my existing gps with i use in the car. however that unit is not water proof. and i Have run a wire for power. I do not want anything in the way of my gauges or steering.

So please do let me know your guys ideas. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    Do a search - there was a pretty long thread in General a couple of weeks back about different mounting options for GPSs. The popular ones seem to be Techmounts.

http://www.techmounts.com/
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    I just got a radar mount from techmount, excellent piece of hardware....
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2007 600 Ninja,2004 GSXR1000
    Got a cheap, generic mount from Canadian Tire and attached it to my handle bars. It's a Garmin 276C and I power it from the battery. No problems so far after 8,000 km of all kinds of roads/ conditions. Just use the elastics provided to attach the GPS unit.

Bike
    99 vfr800

Registered User Array
    Bike
    08 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggixxer View Post
    hey Guys, I am trying to mount GPS on my 2007 Zx14. I have found some ways to do it but, I thought I would get some feed back before a spend the money.
    option 1
    online at gpscity.com you can buy new GPS units with mounting hardware. but they run between 400- 600 $. The Mounting hardware is suppose to bolt on to you clutch or brake. or a u bolt on to the handle bar. I think that mounting the GPS this way may conflict with steering, as the unit would possibly be very close to my upper front fairing. Does any one know any other way to mount them? These units come with special batterys with can last up to 20hrs, so u just charge them at night when you pull in at a hotel or home. So that solve the problem of run a wire from the battery of the bike, which i think is not the best thing to do.

option 2
    or you can buy just mounting harware (RAM MOUNTS) for my existing gps with i use in the car. however that unit is not water proof. and i Have run a wire for power. I do not want anything in the way of my gauges or steering.

So please do let me know your guys ideas. thanks
    I recently purchased a Garmin Zumo 550 and found that the supplied hardware would not work on my bike(08 Hayabusa). In the end I machined a Steering Stem type mount and it worked out quite well. I have seen similiar mounts on the net.