Fleet Manager Position - Zipcar Vancouver
Have seen stuff posted before, but not sure if it was by sponsors. Mods, If this isn't allow let me know and ill take it down.
Zipcar is the world's leading car sharing service with more than 180,000 members and 5,500 vehicles in urban areas and college campuses throughout 25 North American states and provinces as well as in London, England. As a leader in urban transportation, Zipcar offers more than 25 makes and models of self-service vehicles by the hour or day to savvy city residents and businesses looking for an alternative to the high costs and hassles of owning a car in the city. For more information, visit www.Zipcar.com.
Fleet Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Zipcar Fleet with his or her market
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Oversee operations, sales, marketing and customer service in metro region
• Analyze and determine “prime” parking spaces in local market for potential Zipcar vehicles based on research of area and expected member use.
• Research usage report and make pricing and marketing area recommendations.
• Negotiate rental prices and contract terms for use of parking spaces.
• Coordinate Zipcar signage for acquired parking spaces.
Acquisition of Vehicles:
● Work with Director of Fleet Operations and/or Senior Fleet Manager to take delivery of new vehicles as well as vehicles from other markets.
● Oversee the transportation of new vehicles from dealers to electronic installers and supervise and ensure vendors perform the following functions properly:
• Inputting of vehicle information into database;
• Q&A testing of electronic systems; and
• Outfitting of vehicles with interior and exterior branding, i.e. vehicle stickers, visors, maps, license plate frames, exterior vinyl branding etc.
Upkeep/Maintenance/Repair of Vehicles:
• Determine when and what preventative maintenance should be performed on vehicles, including mobile detailing services.
• Hire and ensure proper maintenance and repairs performed on vehicles by vendors and negotiate prices and contract terms for services.
• Analyze and determine when damaged vehicles should be repaired, remain on the line, or taken off the line permanently.
• Oversee accident report process and ensure appropriate number of vehicles remain available to members.
Supervision of Fleet Staff
• Hire, supervise, and train at least two fleet staff personnel to perform duties as determined necessary by Fleet Manager.
• Supervise fleet staff in transporting vehicles to and from maintenance and repair vendors.
• Supervise fleet staff in the branding of vehicles with company
Oversee and Management of Records:
• Maintain or supervise the maintenance of database records in DMA, including VINs, registration, and hardware information. Oversee processing of registration renewals annually for payment. Ensure vehicles contain proper insurance and gas cards.
• Work with engineering to solve software related problems and upgrades. Troubleshoot programming and hardware installation issues based on member complaints.
Member Assistance with Vehicles:
• Perform vehicle-related member assistance and share on-call member assistance duties.
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
● Experience in managing service contractors or other outside vendors.
● Good organizational skills.
● General knowledge of automobiles.
● Ability to work without close supervision.
● Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
● Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
• Competitive Compensation
• Superior Benefits Package
• Free Membership
• Discounts on services, products and much more
Please send your resume in Word format along with a cover letter and salary history / requirements in email format to email@example.com
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
Zipcar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Got any 4x4s?