Rider down today on Marine way

Thread: Rider down today on Marine way

Asian Persuasion Array dragnit02's Avatar
    Home of 2010 Olympics
    Pumpkin Orange

Rider down today on Marine way

Anyone know the details.
    Traffic was blocked off due to a bad accident and it did involve a bike. Happened around noon.
    So much work & so little time!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Metro Vancouver
    1200 GS
    I drove past there around 10am. Accident happened recently. It was at the first intersection west of the Queensborough interchange. Tractor-trailer westbound turning left to go south. Bike eastbound on Marine Way into side of trailer. I didn't get a good look at the bike. From what I could see it looked like and older sportsbike, with some white, maybe a GSXR? Moderate damage. Ambulance, 2 fire and 2 cop cars on scene. No sign of rider. That's all I got.
    "There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life"

White Rock
    2007 Repsol CBR1000RR
    Another summer and a whole bunch more "unknown rider down" threads. Yay.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Maybe so, but I've also noticed far fewer RIP Threads than years past. Those were some *very* tough sad years. Today, when I see a 'rider down' thread (and not to offend anyone here, truly) where the rider has survived... I see it as a gift. The -possibly injured- rider got the gift of life, and his/her family & friends ...got the gift of not suffering the loss of their son/daughter/friend.

For me, though 'unknown rider down' threads can be tedious, if they don't morph into RIP threads... it's all good.

It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.