Google makes 411 free, including Canada

Thread: Google makes 411 free, including Canada

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle

Google makes 411 free, including Canada

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone.
    This is an awesome service from Google and its free...great when you are on the road. Listen to the clip.
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Good find
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Z1000 07, SV650 04, CBR600 87, KZ440 82
    It just tells me the business address and business name. It didn't give me multiple search results. Then after I hold the line, the machine says 'I'll connect you.', then I started hearing ringing. If you say 'detail', then the machine will give you address and their phone number.

Then I did a search of a business in Montreal. The machine returned incorrect result, and started connecting, so I simply hung up.

I'm not sure if this is a good way to avoid paying long distance charge, when you want to reach a business? I didn't want to get surprised with a nasty charge, so I simply hung up when it started dialing to a business in Montreal.

While it's great that the number is toll-free (completely free of charge, I hope?), ad-free, but the quality of service is slightly poorer than conventional 411. Sh*t, I forgot to block my number, I hope they don't sell my number to telemarketers or start sending me expensive premium messages.
    Last edited by Maverik; 07-10-2008 at 11:49 AM.