Guilty by Association
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty by Association

Bike
    your girlfriend

Guilty by Association

last night i plated the 954. today around lunch time i am heading back to work, from 5thGear. heading towards new west on the Clivenden on ramp, i am between two large semi trucks in the left lane.

not feeling comfortable in this predicament, i pull out into the right lane, and move forward so the first truck can see me in his right mirror. as we three vehicles approach the merge, a police officer jumps out of the bushes and flags me down. hands flying in the air. i pull over safely and get off.

this is the conversation

officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
    me: With the flow of traffic sir, i was trying to get out of the large truck's blind spot, i felt unsafe in that position.
    officer:You were going 65km/h in a 60 zone. i need to see your license and registration.

he goes to his car does his thing, comes back and says.

officer: I see you have not been ticketed for well over 10 years, today is not your lucky day.
    me: Sir , i was trying to avoid a dangerous situation, as the trucks and myself would all be merging into one lane as we approach the cloverleaf. we were all traveling at the same rate, i did not want to be in his blind spot.so i accelerated forward so he could see me in his mirror.
    officer: Do you want me to inspect your bike, i am letting you off easy here?

he hands me the ticket, explains the 2 points and fine. i ride off.

needless to say i am quite pissed off. the fine is so small that i would lose money from a day off of work, to dispute this. the points don't mean jack shit to me. what i see here is a quick cash grab, when they should be out catching some real traffic offenders. the ones who do hyper speeds and are actually endangering themselves or others.

i was gonna take the 954 to SBS, but my gut feelings about the police and sportbikes have again been reaffirmed. they target us just because we are on these machines. i have never received this attention while riding the Vstrom, or the Husky. so the Couch will once again go to SBS.

Thnx for reading,
    Pissed off in Poco, Roger
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF A BIKE, IS THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE SEAT, TO THE HANDLEBARS.

Bike
    well if you had a 998 things would have turned out better for you! lol
    Curent Ride
    08 Husky smr450
    kx 450f
    You are 100% Pure Awesome!

Becoming Insane Array
    Bike
    Ducati
    Wow that's just pathetic on the cops part really. I thought they weren't allowed to flag you down under 10km's over... Maybe I'm wrong... but I've never been pulled over in anything I've driven for anything under 10 km's...

Bike
    your girlfriend
    god it figures, the Gucci Squadron has hailed down upon me with the Ducatiness. all i need now is for J Scott and Silver D to push the knife deeper
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF A BIKE, IS THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE SEAT, TO THE HANDLEBARS.

Bike
    2006 GSXR 750
    that sucks Rog.. a reasonable cop IMHO would have said "your explanation sounds reasonable, you really were not going that fast anyway, and your record shows you're a responsible rider.. have a nice day and ride safe".

At least he didn't pull out a curtain rod on you..

I'd dispute it just on a matter of principle..
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

-Mark Twain

Hello BCSB!

streets belong 2 us Array Incantation's Avatar
    Bike
    f4i, 50(was stolen), k7 750
    and cops wonder why guys on bikes run

rog.. take it to court.. the idiot will likely change his story but realistically with an impeccable riding record like yours, coupled with the fact that you own several bikes, have a family, aren't in your 20s, etc.. i doubt u will have much problem having this thrown out

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    No tickets for 10 years... 5km/h over the limit? Are you kidding me? Does the ticket actually state 65 in a 60? If so I'd fight that for sure (although the time in court is a huge waste I'm sure) and see if the judge comes down on the cop, because that is re-fucking-diculous.

No jokes here... I think that's bad.

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn with tassles
    5 over? You reckless son of a whore, you could have easily killed someone! What if there was a family of chinese immigrants with their children in one of those trucks? Why doesn't anyone think of the children???

Man, that really sucks, I can't believe anyone would hand out a ticket for 5 over. What an asshole of a cop. I think the discretionary powers of these meter-maids with guns is way out of hand.

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    5 over? wow, that's a new low.

not even cars drive ONLY 5 over the limit...

Plus being a mature rider with a clean record.. that is really freaking lame.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

AKA Newfie Girl Array Newfie Girl's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda street
    For some reason I am reminded of the time you had an "altercation" with a driver, I think you shoulda used the same approach here.....

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    Whats the actual ticket for? I thought 2 point tickets were for things like running a yellow ...

"Thin the herd..." Array calicojack133's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 Busa , & more...etc etc
    Same opening line I got this past Sunday...Deas Isl. boys..@!#$%...I'd complain, and as much of an inconvenience it is, fight it, your justification will be on record...sounds like you had 'lawful reason' to bend the regs...they'd be singing a different tune if you ended up under one of those trucks... It would be nice to see a traffic judge blast one of them for showing such little common sense...after all wasn't that one of the pre-requesites in becoming the Popo, or does it all go out the window when they sign up for traffic??

Bike
    2004 CRF450
    I've been pulled over for doing the speed limit before.

The cop claimed I looked like I was about to speed.

Strange thing was I had a misfire due an electrical problem and as soon as I hit anything over about 103 km/hr it would start and I'd have to drop down to about 80 to get it running right again.

I was just merrily cruising along Hwy 1 with my fist on the tank and my chin on my fist to keep out of the wind. I was much closer to falling asleep than I was to speeding.

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    Bummer Rog!
    You've got to get saddlebags and a trunk. They work better against "He who cannot be named aloud" than an invisibility cloak!

Tough call about the days pay but if it really say's 65 in a 60 zone I'd want to let the Judge hear it! He knows everyone is moving at least 10 over, police 15 over and tin cans with only one or two brakes working 20 over except when starting through intersections when they leave it in second for a block and a half because they're holding a cellphone instead of shifting gears!

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    That's pathetic.

Roger I hope you dispute this.

Google "de minimis non curat lex" and then go to your local courthouse law library and ask the librarian to help you find some British Columbia cases about this principle.

5 over in a 60 zone is just stupid, especially when all you were doing was trying to get to safety and not very quickly at that.