bike stolen. am i still considered a rider??

Thread: bike stolen. am i still considered a rider??

Downtown Vancouver
    2004 GSX-R 600

bike stolen. am i still considered a rider??

hey fellow riders,

I love riding. No joke, like all of you, i love riding. i'ts like no other feeling, whether i'm cruising along in traffic with one hand on the throttle and the other resting on my knee, or if i'm full in leaning, knees almost to the ground (or so it feels like, more often than not i'm probably a good 2 feet off) on the double wide long curves going up seymour.

Been riding about 3 years, and picked up my GSX-R about 2 seasons ago. I've put a good many km on that bike, so I can definately say I've put it to great use.

Except today, as I was leaving work, my bike, in the same spot that I always park it, wasn't there anymore.

I walked to the spot anyway, thinking maybe my eyes had suddenly cut out all images of bikes.

There was nothing there. I know i backed it in this morning, i had my helmet in my hands, and downtown vancouver isn't taht deadly yet that i would walk to work with a helmet on, so i definately rode in today.

No bike.

I walked around the block thinking, maybe one of my coworkers were hiding my bike from me. yes that's it. they were hiding it.

Nope, they weren't. no bike.

Gone. A thought flashed in my head, "i have no theft insurance..."

so that's it. no bike. no chance of finding it, no money from our buddy's at ICBC. no new bike (since i don't have an extra 10k in my wallet)

So i walked home with my helmet in my hands. a sad sad walk that involved about 30 minutes and strange looks from my now fellow pedestrians.

I got home and wondered. Am i still considered a rider? I can't just hop on my bike and go for a cruise anymore. No more robson squid cruises, no more full gear whistler rips.

if you see it anywhere...i dont' know....maybe...slim chances...but

2004 Suzuki GSXR 600
    All black, no decals. recently waxed to a nice mirror shine.
    Mirrored windshield visor
    Black carbon fibre Yoshimura TRP Pipe (Triangle)
    New Pirelli Corsa front and rear tires
    L4 3382 plate
    life is simple and life is hard. life is what you make of it yourself.

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    dam shitty man. real shitty.

This space for rent Array Stiffler's Mom's Avatar
    2003 Yamaha R6
    Oh no! This is a bigger pull on the heartstrings than a Timmy's Christmas Telethon! I feel awful for you. I do hope you find it. Best of luck.
    - Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!

Leech with 2 daughters... Array CLeRiC's Avatar
    The Island
    Howlin', Growlin', Snortin' Triple courtesy of Wolf Racing UK
    Sorry to hear that dude...

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    Shitty deal for sure. What are the chances it got towed perhaps? Insurance or not report it because you never know.
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Registered User Array
    2003 gsxr 750
    Seems they are having good luck finding bikes....hope they find urs

Becoming Insane Array
    Oh you're Dan's buddy, I got a text from him about this.
    You did report this to the police right? you know if they find it you still get it back. You just don't get compensation from ICBC if they don't find it, or if it's trashed. Still worth it though, I've known a couple of people who's bikes got stolen and they all got found within a month.