BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

what makes a stunt bike?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  klutch 
#1 ·
i don't know if this belings in the newbie section or not.. but here it is anyway..

what makes a stunt bike?

a bike with its fairings and fragiles taken out, skid bar thing on the back, and a cage around the engine?

or is it more complicated than that..?

no, i don't have a bike yet, nor will i this season.
i'm planning on getting one next season, and i definitely want to try a handful of tricks.. nothing too crazy..

but, what would be needed to do some wheelies/stoppies/loops and whatnot, without having to worry about killing your bike?

-swoo.

#3 ·
well.. there are lots of mods, i will list the ones i have on mine.. but there are different setups for everyone. certain mods will allow you to do things you couldn't otherwise do (for example, going with a bigger sprocket allows you not only to wheelie in higher gears but slow your wheelies down really nicely in 1st gear to almost standstill without stalling) and others are for personal riding preference..

crash cage
12 bar (what u call skid bar)
60 tooth sprocket and -2 up front so 66 teeth really.. bullshit for commute but great for parking lots
rear handbrake
flipped aftermarket clip-ons
oil pickup
dented gas tank
other stuff but that's the main stuff

#5 · (Edited)
i was reading around and as far as i understand, frame sliders are the things you put on the side of the fairings?

do they protect much on a fall? or would a cage be recommended?

and how much did that dented gas tank cost ya :D

-swoo.

EDIT: upon further research, i find that dented tank is what people actually do to help with stunting..
i thought you meant you dropped the bike and got a dent in it haha..

how does it help anyway? :S

#8 ·
yeah definitely, thanks for the tip.

i'm a student on a super super tight budget.. i'm not gonna risk hurting myself or the bike without first getting comfortable with it..

just thought it might be nice to get to know a few things now so when i do want to start.. i'm not asking all these questions and just waiting upon responses..

and now that i know a few correct terms and whatnot.. things will make more sense.. :)

once i start riding, you'll be seeing me on the boards for a long time to come ;)
no worries :D

-swoo.

#18 ·
^ close but no......

A rider who is willing to drop,smash, bend, and possibly break their bike. A rider who can accept the fact that while they are learning they will more then likely really hurt themselves pretty bad or at the least bust thier ass several times. A rider even with a ton of experience runs the risk of injury with every trick they perform.

It takes more then a person would think. At the end of the day you have the racers, sunday cruisers, starbucks jockeys, and the stunters. To each their own.....

#20 ·
Like everyone said - a stunt rider makes a stunt bike. Doesn't matter what amazing stunt bike you have, if you don't ride endless, painful hours on the lot that bike is worthless. The example I like to give to people who talk about a stunt bike is this french kid from Europe who can outwheelie, outcircle and outendo any of local riders and probably can hold more than his own with the rest of the world - and he stunts an F2!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.