acerbis cyclops?

Thread: acerbis cyclops?

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac

acerbis cyclops?

do actually provide any light in the dark conditions or they are just to make a bike street legal?

my rear set (found a stock on for pretty damn cheap. hooray for my ebay-fu) will be shipped shortly. just need a nice new head light, some wire hiding and plastic stripping to do
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

2. Remove Advertisements

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Watching as you shower
    Schwinn with tassles
    The Cyclopse is probably the brightest of the bunch, if you can find one. Its also the only one thats really DOT approved. If you google "Acerbis Cyclopse hid" you'll get a wicked link to some supermoto forum where they've converted one to H.I.D. - and its really freakin' bright - the projector housing makes for a good setup with it.

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    They're dot approved, but from what I've seen light output isn't the best. Jam an HID in there and it'll be fine
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    It depends... how well can you see in the dark?

None of those light setups on any of the SM or enduro plates use a bulb that is bright enough or a reflector that's directive and efficient enough to perform well if you're riding at all aggresively at night.

But if you're being good after it gets dark then they make enough to see where the road is going as long as you STAY good and quite close to the limits.

They should be comparable to the lighting unit on my DR350. I don't quite need a flashlight to see if the light is on in the dark but it's not far from that...
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.