how much should this bike be sold for?

Thread: how much should this bike be sold for?

Lowside King Array guy_likewhoa's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Candy Red R6

Question how much should this bike be sold for?

Hi everyone, new to this forum, thinking about buying a bike off a friend. it's a 98 CBR600 with 7k on it, dropped once but barely any damage. the bike hasn't been ridden(sp?) for a couple of years.

What is a fair price for this bike? it will need servicing, probably new tires, not sure if this will factor into the value of the bike.

thanks for your replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2011 CBR 1000rr ABS
    I would offer 2700-3000... tops.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    definitely will factor in. Hopefully they put the bike away properly in storage
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    Bike
    99 R6
    it does have low KM
    but the fact it has been in storage + new tires (cause rubber will tend to harden).
    in a perfect world, if u get it for 3000 bucks, that would be great.

i say 5000 dollars, but say it needs a new tune up (300 bucks + set of tires 400-500 bucks)
    so if u do get it for 4000 (after telling him, either he can put on a new set of tires and receipt for a good tune up) or else for 40000 it ain't that bad.
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    between 4 and 5 would be what the market is dictating specially around this time of year.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    F4izzzle
    Quote Originally Posted by guy_likewhoa View Post
    Hi everyone, new to this forum, thinking about buying a bike off a friend. it's a 98 CBR600 with 7k on it, dropped once but barely any damage. the bike hasn't been ridden(sp?) for a couple of years.

What is a fair price for this bike? it will need servicing, probably new tires, not sure if this will factor into the value of the bike.

thanks for your replies
    I will putting up my 01 f4i for sale in a couple days for 4400. 30k, new tires, chain, cam chain tensioner and pads this season. rashed fairing on both sides but nothing major

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    i'm always weary of low arse miles bikes.. most cases it means it hasnt been maintained very well, if you know the guy and know him to properly store the bike, and still turn the engine over on a regular basis {others may have a different opinion on this} then i guess it should be okay,

it will def. need service though, so yes factor that into the price, i think the boys above have it about right, 4 to 5...

i think old skool bikes are pretty sweet ass... if they have been maintained and / or can be brought back to life with some elbow grease, its pretty damn nice to see them rolling down the street... you'll get more attention on that than on an 08 R6
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2013 Ninja 1000
    Orrrrr....I'm selling my '05 CBR F4i 600, 31,000km, well maintained, clean! Great bike, see for sale section
    We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.