Riding Season On Vancouver Island ?

Thread: Riding Season On Vancouver Island ?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    00 ZX9R

Riding Season On Vancouver Island ?

Hello fellow bikers, I'm an East Coaster and am thinking about heading to B.C. to find my career and new life perhaps.

I am curious how long the riding season is on the island, I thought that it might be a little longer because it's not quite so cold over there.

I looked at some maps and it looks like there is lots of pavement to ride on, if you want to check out our east coast site it is www.speedjunkie.ca

Idealy I want to live where it's warm allll year round

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    zx10
    it hardly snows on the southern island so potentially year round ( if you can stand riding in cold weather
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki View Post
    hhhmmmmmm....maybe kawi is not junk after all....LOL

Bike
    zx7

hey

Quote Originally Posted by knowtion View Post
    Hello fellow bikers, I'm an East Coaster and am thinking about heading to B.C. to find my career and new life perhaps.

I am curious how long the riding season is on the island, I thought that it might be a little longer because it's not quite so cold over there.

I looked at some maps and it looks like there is lots of pavement to ride on, if you want to check out our east coast site it is www.speedjunkie.ca

Idealy I want to live where it's warm allll year round
    hey
    there is some guys in vic thatride all year..
    we havehadsnow the lastfew years..
    riding season about 10 months

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Couple of months a year there's a real chance of losing it on Patchy Frost, Black Ice and Snow....get yourself a Dual Sport Bike to ride in the winter months if you have a nice bike to save. Hope you like Rain...you don't have to shovel it at least.

Shiftless clutcher Array ZoomaFoo's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 GSX-R600 race bike
    I lived in Victoria most of my life and riding year-round here on the Island is entirely possible (with the odd stormy/snowy season on occasion, of course). I remember taping up my helmet vents and riding to university classes in January on black ice... not that I'd recommend it, though. Now I live in Sooke, just outside of Victoria, where the great roads I used to ride out of town to get to are now right outside my door.
    "When in doubt, FLAT OUT!"

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    If you're not an absolute fair weather rider - then its do-able to ride year round, otherwise as PeeWee stated, its usually rain at the worst. Did get snow on parts of the island - mainly the local ski hill, up until middle of June this year, and snow in Port Alberni up until May, although the last few times it didn't really stick. Then again, this is pretty bizarre weather as we've never symptoms of winter hang out that long.

Yes the roads are great - some of the locals like to keep that a secret lol, some riders I met last year have put on 30 000-50 000km with island routes only - venturing onto the mainland (on a bike) for the first time at that!

There are now also 2 alternative Vancouver Island sportbike/dirt/dual/general riding oriented forums as well.

Try:

www.islandriders.ca
    or
    www.vibikers.com
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

1996 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
    2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230
    2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Monster Energy Edition