Article forum material guidlines....

Thread: Article forum material guidlines....

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,

Article forum material guidlines....

OK folks. I've been getting LOTS of PM's for article suggestions, links and outright materail..... and I can't use more than a fraction of it because it's copyrighted or probably so when I look at it this week.

I want to thank you ALL for being so enthusiastic and I hope you'll continue but the commercial aspects of a lot of the info and the threat of legal action is getting too high on the web these days for sites like ours. I've seen 3 or 4 sites that either closed or had to revamp due to innocent copyright infringement issues. And just to add the match to the fuel Ducati isn't allowing any of the enthusiast sites to use their Logo anymore. AND THESE ARE THEIR OWN DAMN CUSTOMERS. In the words of the immortal Kelly Bundy "the mind wobbles...."

Basically I can't use scans from magazines that have a price tag on the front cover. If they are older than 5 years and it's still pertinent then maybe.

I can't use anything that comes from a Pay As You Go site like Motorcycle Online is these days. Or material that is traceable back to such a site regardless of where you found it.

What I can do is post up material that is shown to be available to the open net or through open and FREE pulications. I can also post links to sites that have material but I won't post them if it's pirated material.

And finally I don't have any issues with stuff you write yourself...

It's getting nasty out there and it just doesn't pay to take chances especially with our site being popular enough to warrant the eye of Big Brother.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

2. Remove Advertisements

what about material that is on the open net for free and was originated from a magazine?

for instance, the Motorcycle Aerodynamics article at, and a few other sites as well

but was originally printed in Cycle Canada?

PS: Btw, add this article if it meets the criteria. heh
    BCSB- Moderator