BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Help bike stalls when in gear

769 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Purplekawi 
#1 ·
hope somebody can help me out with this. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of wiring or sensor issue with the kickstand as I can start the bike no problem but when I put it in to gear, 1st or 2nd, the bike would shut off like the kickstand is down. Can anybody give me some advice on where to look or how to fix this issue either by removing the bike shut off when in gear safty feature or a sensor replacement? it's a 01 f4i by the way. some diagram would help out alot. thanks in advance

#3 ·
i couldn't check, it happend at an area where theres not a lot of light and didn't have a flash light to check. is there any way to bypass that switch in the kickstand? I was riding all day today without any problems, it couldn't be a seazed clutch could it?

#5 ·
no when in gear if i'm in 1st with the kickstand up clutch in it does not start. the headlight flikers a bit but no turning over or anything, just like when the kickstand is down. this isn't something i have to take off bodywork to fix/check is it? It's on the street pretty far away from my place, might need to get a truck if i can't fix this on the spot.

#6 ·
it's possible the safety has come loose and no longer dissengaging when you put the kick stand up or the plunger is stuck in due to build up of goo. it should be accessible without removing any body work but will require a peek at it. not sure on the Honda but on a Zook it plugs into the wiring harness so would be possible to unplug it and ground the wires to get it going again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.