Finally got a chance to post up some pics of my winter/spring/beginning of summer project.
This was my old racebike before I picked up the SV. It still had a clean title from when it was my streetbike and the ZX6 makes a great sport tourer. I sold off a bunch of the race stuff, kept my eye out for deals and the rest I ordered new.
A huge thanks goes out to Andrea and Marbod at Mspeed for helping me decide what new parts would look good and fit the theme. I wasn't going for a crazy over the top custom, just a nicely updated clean looking bike.
A brief synopsis of what was done:
- Complete disassembly of the bike, new bearings everywhere (wheels, swingarm, steering head etc.)
- stripped and sanded the frame, wheels, swingarm, subframe for powder coat by Photon in Port Coquitlam. Great guys, did an awesome job. Semi gloss on the frame, high gloss on the wheels
- Full Leo Vince exhaust
- stock rearsets with Woodcraft pegs
- 2007 ZZR600 fairing bracket
- 2004 ZX6R mirrors (new from LP)
- LP LED signals
- Competition Werkes fender eliminator
- Metzeller M3 tires
- Painted calipers black
- Galfer superbike lines
- Pazzo Lever (still need clutch side!)
- Black anodized Sprocket Specialist rear sprocket (43T)
- DID Gold Chain
- Renthal Grips
- Skarkskinz bodywork
- House of Kolor Limetime Green and Pearl Black paint laid down by Aaron at Evolution Customs
- Recovered seats front and rear
- Puig Double Bubble
- Vortex spools
- Blood, Sweat, Tears
I couldn't have done this without the help from Mspeed, MAS Dyno, Photon Powdercoat and Aaron from Evolution Customs.
I still have some small things left to do, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.