Odd noise from front(?) brake/tx woes

Thread: Odd noise from front(?) brake/tx woes

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    hard in the mac

Odd noise from front(?) brake/tx woes

Well, when i am slowing down at an intersection or a stop sign, at sub 20kph i hear this squealing noise coming from the front, as soon as i let the lever out, it goes away. Is it time to get it replaced?

That and sometimes it just refuses to shift down from 2nd to 1st and gets stuck in N... guesses?

'92 gsxr750
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

2. Remove Advertisements

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Checked your brake pads don't need replacement yet? Otherwise it could just be some crap on the pads or rotors - get some brake cleaner on there
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

2 x daily driver 2005 R6's , 1999 project r6
    I had this for a bit. put some silicon between the pads and the pistons on my brakes. the squeel i was having was from the pads vibrating on the pistons.

Registered User Array Son of Lars's Avatar
    01 Honda RC51
    The brake squeal is no big deal. ALL disc brakes squeal, just some squeal at such high frequency, you can't here them. No trouble at all.

Funny though, my Gixxer also has a hard time shifting into first sometimes. Today, I tried to downshift, and not only would it not go into 1st, it was grinding like hell when I tried. Once stopped, she popped right in. I'm using conventional Castrol motorcycle in it right now, but I'm going to change to Motul, and see if she starts to shift a little easier.