Announcing the Sidi Vortice boot!
It was thought that the award winning Sidi Vertigo Corsa boot was the pinnacle of sport boot technology. Until today that is as Sidi is proud to introduce the next step in the evolutionary chain: The “Vortice”.
The latest in technology combined with the great skill and workmanship of Sidi’s Italian based factory technicians’ blend in a whirl of fresh solutions to satisfy a rider’s desire for safety and comfort.
The Vortice is an excellent synthesis of the years of experience of Sidi and its designers who conceived its features keeping in mind that the Vortice is the main and essential point of juncture between the bike and the rider.
CE certified the Vortice will be available in the USA in December ’08. The Vortice is priced at $475 and is available in a non-vented version in black, white, red or blue or a fully vented version in black or white. Metric sizes from 39 to 48 (6 to 13 USA) are available.
• Sidi has added a small elastic panel to aid in a smooth zipper operation as it allows a bit of movement via the elastic as the zipper passes over the rider’s ankle ball.
• The rear upper part of the boot is made up of the following mechanisms: TECNO CALF TENSIONER, TECNO SHIN TENSIONER and ANKLE SUPPORT SYSTEM. This group of features ensures a precise fit and maximum protection.
• The TECNO CALF TENSIONER mechanism adjusts the leg circumference. Placed in the back of the boots upper, it works through a nylon wire that hooks directly to the shin plate.
• The TECNO CALF TENSIONER is replaceable and it’s available in different sizes to fit around various sizes of calf muscles.
• The TECNO SHIN TENSIONER mechanism helps the TECNO CALF TENSIONER close the leg upper on the front part of the boot. The two lateral nylon braces join the ankle joint with two screws that are protected by nylon caps. This system is reinforced with fiberglass, supports the ankle and is easy to replace. This system allows excellent flex movement front-to-back while being firm side-to-side.
• AIR VENTILATION SYSTEM, A third brace is positioned on the outer-lower part of the boot and features an air intake that can be operated by an aerodynamic shaped button.
• TECNO INSTEP TENSIONER, The Vortice features an additional fastening system on the front part of the foot, on the instep. It consists of a wrap-around fascia which can be precision adjusted by the TECNO INSTEP TENSIONER mechanism that was proved critical in rider safety by the previous model, the Sidi Vertigo Corsa.
• SHOCK ABSORBING HEEL CUP, A polyurethane shell holds a shock absorbing insert, visible from the outside through 4 small slits that mark out the look of the heel. The shell is mobile as it’s fixed to the boot by 2 screws that allow 3 mm of impact movement.
• SHIN PLATE, The shin plate is made in nylon and it is inserted on a polyurethane frontal support. Both parts are replaceable.
• VORTICE SLIDER, The toe slider is made in nylon reinforced with fiberglass. It is fitted with a new air intake and an innovative alloy insert. All pieces are replaceable.
• RACING SRS SOLE, The all new sole is constructed of a polyurethane and rubber blend. It features a removable insert in front of the arch area where much wear and tear normally occurs due to sharp metal brake pedals and shift levers. Another patented-exclusive Sidi feature!
• GEAR CHANGE PAD. The gear change pad is molded of DuPont Techno-polymers, which ensure that the plastics qualities will not change in high or low temperatures.
• The composite inner sole of the Vortice resists side-to-side compression offering greater protection compared to the leather inner soles that many of Sidi’s competitors use. The insole features a removable arch support and will never lose its dynamic characteristics, even after months of intense use; it’s water resistant and is designed to withstand high footpeg pressures.
• All parts of the boot can be replaced.