Buying a helmet in California?

Thread: Buying a helmet in California?

I was born to ride! Array trademark's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 CBR 600RR

Buying a helmet in California?

I am heading down to Cali/Mexico in about a week and staying down there for about 2 weeks. Driving back up. Knowing that helmets are cheaper in the USA than here (on average), can I get the best deal in California somewhere? I can basically go anywhere from San Diego northwards to a store along the I5. I'm looking to upgrade from my current Shark helmet that I have had for a few years now. Any recommendations? thx
    What is the difference between men and women?
    A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    google is your best friend.
    I have never been down that way so I can't help.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Pose 'til you Puke! Array PoserX's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i
    Chapperal in San Bernadino is your best bet. I was there this time last year and picked up a pair of Sidi boots and some other stuff. AWESOME store. About the size of 3 department stores. 1 big section for new bikes (street/race/dirt/ATV and those funny mini-jeep things that are so popular down there), another huge section for gear, and another large area for tires. Great helmet selection too. Check their multi-page ads in the bike mags or their website for pricing.

Bert's in (I think Chino - don't hold me to that) is HUGE as well.
    They have some gear (mostly A*stars stuff) but mainly cater to the used bike crowd. They're both about a 30 minute drive apart, and about 30 minutes from Disneyland.

If you go to Bert's hit the Mexican Restaurant across the street. Awesome food!

B.

I was born to ride! Array trademark's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by PoserX View Post
    Chapperal in San Bernadino is your best bet. I was there this time last year and picked up a pair of Sidi boots and some other stuff. AWESOME store. About the size of 3 department stores. 1 big section for new bikes (street/race/dirt/ATV and those funny mini-jeep things that are so popular down there), another huge section for gear, and another large area for tires. Great helmet selection too. Check their multi-page ads in the bike mags or their website for pricing.

Bert's in (I think Chino - don't hold me to that) is HUGE as well.
    They have some gear (mostly A*stars stuff) but mainly cater to the used bike crowd. They're both about a 30 minute drive apart, and about 30 minutes from Disneyland.

If you go to Bert's hit the Mexican Restaurant across the street. Awesome food!

B.
    I am heading to San Bernadino tomorrow. Thanks for the tips. I see people around here with sweet and not so sweet lids so I am guessing there is a vast selection!

..and Mexican food here I come!
    What is the difference between men and women?
    A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.