Am I crazy??? 900-400?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy??? 900-400?

Bike
    1985 Yamaha RZ350, 1985 Kawasaki ZX750 GPZ

Am I crazy??? 900-400?

Hey,

Have I lost it completely? I'm debating trading-in or selling my '99 zx-9r and getting a DRZ-400 SM somewhere '06-'09.

I've had all enduro bikes in the past cause I love the all-purpose-ness and ruggedness of them. The only time I've been down on the road was on my TTR250 and all I had to do was pick it back up and continue. If I drop my zx9r I'm screwed, I can't afford to fix it.

Also, the enduro/SM style you can get your thrills below speeds that make you lose your license, the 9r goes fast enough in 2nd for me to lose it and my license instantly (im in ON, with brutal street racing laws), and if i screw around with wheelies and stuff on it I'm too worried about dropping it.

The SM insurance would be cheaper, cause its only 400, and it would cost me less in speeding tickets.

What do you guys think?

Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Go for it....you won't look back....only to laugh !!!

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    nope yer not crazy having said that, downsizing from a litre bike you may first want to look at bigger cc tard.

Bike
    Well, I upsized to the litre bike because I was riding from Vernon, all the way across canada and US to Kingston, Ontario. Before that I rode a 250 enduro and made the odd trip on my dads 600.

I'm thinking that it'll probably seem a bit lacking for a bit, but once I get used to it it'll be good. The 400 is by no means a weak bike, just after the roll-on power of the 9 it'll be an adjustment, I've only had the 9r for 6 months

Kevin

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    I'd probably go for the SMR610 over the DRZ 400 - bit more torque and top end. I'd still keep my main bike as a litre sportbike though
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Bike
    your girlfriend
    buy whichever SM you can afford, they are hella fun. coming off a litre bike you will instantly notice the lack of power, but that is made up with the nimbleness of the SM.

these mofokkers can corner like hell in the tight stuff, but you will have penis envy once you get onto the big sweepers, or open roads. this is where the sportbike is king. decide on the kind of riding you will be doing, if it's commuting, or local, the SM would be great.

if possible, i would keep the zx9, just in case you find the motard is not your thing, but i am willing to bet you will get hooked on the SM. i know i did

when you own a supermoto, women will want you, and men will want to be like you. this is why my 954 sits more then it is ridden
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF A BIKE, IS THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE SEAT, TO THE HANDLEBARS.

just having fun Array
    Bike
    not red
    Quote Originally Posted by BLADERUNNER 954 View Post
    when you own a supermoto, women will want you, and men will want to be like you.
    funny, i have yet to meet a woman that wants me and/or man that wants to be like me. i think you just made that up, pop.

wannabe motorcyclist Array bcmtnbka's Avatar
    Bike
    Trixie
    Crazy is trading your zx9 for a scooter

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    I did close to the same thing. I went from a 600RR on the street to the DRZ. I re-jetted, un-snorkled it, and piped it to open it up a little, and I still find it a little low on power when I'm with the big bikes. But the big bikes can't do what I can, and I know they don't laugh under their helmets like I do. I didn't get speeding tickets before, but it's close to impossible now and WAY more fun!
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    I've been looking at this one, what do you guys think of the deal?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/792308725.html

I don't even have to worry about you guys stealing it cause I'm stuck halfway across the country :P

Kevin

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    All I can say is that you would be crazy not to.

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    I have more fun on my Husky 510 SMR than I do on my street VFR, and for commuting I would rather zip around on the SM because it's so nimble and light.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Bike
    A black one
    Just dont think you`ll never get in trouble on the Tard. They`re sneaky and have a way of bringing out the asshole you before you even know whats happening.
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    XT 550
    Suzuki is underpowered. Too small at 400 cc.
    650 Honda, Motarded for the street. Big power
    Best setup, IMHO.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    If you're thinking enduro, I'd get the 'S' version so you have a useful off-road bike. There is a performance difference for street riding afforded by the sport tires on the SM but not worth the trade off IMO. You can go off-road with an SM but it's a more hopeless dirtbike than the S loses out as a streetbike.