BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New SM's for 2009??

7K views 70 replies 27 participants last post by  qball 
#1 ·
I've been looking....found this nice little number....gave me a half chub !!

Waiting to see it for real.

Then I saw this....don't know what to think of that .

Kawi's new 250 coming out...Yamaha's got nothing new, Suzuki ???? Are they gonna redesign the DRZSM some time soon ??

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Both the above bikes are already out. SMC came out a few months back, the SMR was out around May 08.

Yamaha now has a WR125X but it doesnt look like its coming to NA.

Yes it looks like the DRZ will never change. The 09 arrived at dealers about a month ago.
Changes to the Husky SMR and the Aprilia SXV? Not out yet.
The RXV is out and looks to have a few changes that might make it over to the SXV. The biggest is the 4 and a half lbs weight loss.

#5 ·
so, what are you gonna get now? Honda 450? I have decided a 7000.00 roof for our house had to come first...(or should I say my wife decided) LOL:laughing

#7 ·
i like the first one. the second one looks like it drunk too much and now it needs to pee the men's way.

the 09 drz is already out, no changes whatsoever. and that's ok with me. if it ain't broken why fix it? as much as i like the drz i wish more manufacturers would come out with tards - reliable tards :)

#19 ·
I have the leo vince carbons in a box in my living room, just waiting to be put on, that definately improves the bike.

Fonix, I am out towards chilliwack lake area, keep an eye out for me, im sure you will see me around.

I dont think I will be selling this bike any time soon, its just to much fun.

#24 ·
Even in dirt trim the honda appears to come with an invisible fat man sitting on it. When the big four come out with something bigger than a 250 I think they might catch onto the interest the DRZ400SM has. Personally the idea of trading my FZ6 for a motard is more and more appealing even though I already have a DR350S dual sport.

#27 · (Edited)
Black makes bikes look fat. Frames more than bodywork. Bet either of them would look sweeter with a better colour scheme.

Start chopping the bodywork and ditching some of the big and ugly OEM parts (signals, mufflers, tail light assembly) and a motard might appear. Use your imagination boys and girls.

Let us leave the beautiful women to men with no imagination. Marcel Proust
Some one is going to love these bikes. Is that so wrong?

#33 ·
hey Kev, that pic you posted is a 660? Looks very cooool!:rockon
The yamaha looks cool but it's only a 250,even a DRZ with a good rider would run circles around it,and it's an old design.
go big or go home,KTM's are cool but too pricy ,and what's with the peterbuilt stacks?Never riden with one but they look really heavy.
Converted mx bkies are very fast an light but they don't make very good real word bikes.
All motards are cool but it comes down to what kind of riding do you want to do?:cheers :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.