tracking it stateside.....

Thread: tracking it stateside.....

Throttle abuser Array gp_wannabe's Avatar
    Vernon BC
    2006 CBR 1000rr

tracking it stateside.....

Have a friend interested in purchasing my track bike (02 gsxr 600)

I do not have(nor was I given--- registration papers for it), as it is not a street registrable bike, and I really didn't care about paperwork.

Will he have any problem taking the bike down to trackdays in Washington etc. if I provide him with a bill of sale --- dated, signed, purchase price, and statement saying that this is specifically a trackbike in decent race ready shape.

Thanks for your time and responses,,,, any comments are very appreciated.
    Faster than a speeding ticket....

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    06 S.Triple
    I think a bill of sale with the VIN number is all you need but I'd double check here.

Crazykeeper Array
    1999 CBR600
    I've been to many track days in the States and have never had the US border patrol even look twice at my bike. Comming back is a different story, about 50% of the time they ask to see my registration papers. Canadian Customs and Border Control would be who I would check with first. They are the ones who care if you bought the bike in the US and are trying to avoid paying any duties or worse yet, stole the bike.

2001 duct tape special
    I took your bike down a bunch of times and was stopped and required to show papers, and it wasn't a problem, BUT they didn't look at the bike to see that it actually had a VIN.
    To play it safe, I would suggest stopping at the Canadian side on the way down to do the green sticker thing... I've never done it, but I've heard it's simple and proves you brought the bike down with you...

BTW, I wouldn't mind getting that bike back... what's your price at now?