Bridgestones for all in '09 Motogp

Thread: Bridgestones for all in '09 Motogp

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125

Bridgestones for all in '09 Motogp

So they've gone and done it.. spec tire for Motogp. who will suffer the most without their special tire? who will benefit? what does it all mean? hmmm...
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

2. Remove Advertisements

Going slow to go fast Array Castro's Avatar
    07 R6, 07 KX250F
    I think it's a good idea. At least for the 09 season. In WRC they are doing the same with Pirelli and it seems to level the playing field quite a bit.

And there's always different compounds to choose from. Should be interesting.

White Rock
    Ninja 1000
    Now get them to ride all the same motorcycle!

viva Redbull 125cc!!!

Konker KPX 125
    I'm fine with it. I'd rather the bikes and the riders decide the races.
    WMRC #20
    Busting ours to kick yours

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Good! Might make things more competitive like World Superbike.

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    07 zx6r
    even with a single tire rule,i gurantee that Rossi and possible more get a "special" bstone tire...
    and satalite teams might get ones that were in tire warmers from the previous races that someonehow made it back onto the truck:P
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    Lately Ive been watching 2004 MotoGp highlights dvd and notice that it was mostly Michelin tyres on the leaders and Bridgestone had its first ever win in MotoGp that year.

My point is that if they went to a spec tyre back then it would have been the Michelin. The Bridgestones are this good now due to competition, now that they have no enemy to 'crush' will the Research and Development still be as agressive? I am not so niave to think that they wont start cutting back some to save money in that department, after all who are they racing against?

Is it good? Will it slow down improvements for tyres? Only time will tell.

New West
    05 Kawasaki ZX-6R
    I think Bridgestone will be reluctant "winners" of this contract. Now they can't say they are the the 'best' tire manufacturer in Motogp with a winning formula. The reason? They are the ONLY tire manufacturer in Motogp! Without a loser to compare to you're not going to get the credit you deserve by being competitive. Nice final 'dig' by Michelin...
    98 ZX7R - R.I.P.
    02 GSXR 750 - Decided I'm a Kawi man.
    05 ZX6R - Right at home!