Mechanic or small engine guy in Kelowna???

Thread: Mechanic or small engine guy in Kelowna???

Registered User Array
    1985 FZ750

Mechanic or small engine guy in Kelowna???

Hey all, I just moved to Kelowna from ON this summer. I'm a student at UBCO, I have no tools and no place to work on this bike, and really need some help.

The problem is that I rode my '85 Yamaha FZ750 from North Bay to Kelowna in August. The original plan was to trailer it, but the straps let go just after I left Ottawa. The bike fell, smashing the side of the fairing, scraping the brand new exhaust and smashing a mirror. Being a stubborn SOB and fed up with the trailer, I rode the bike from North Bay all the way to Kelowna with 1 mirror and a smashed up fairing. After doing ~4,000km my problems were only cosmetic at this point...

THEN to make matters worse, when I was putting it into storage in Kelowna I tripped and dropped it.

Now it won't start. I hear the starter motor, it sounded like it wanted to start at first but now it just backfires when I try to start it. I've put over 3000$ into this bike to restore it. I've already got replacement plastics painted up and ready to bolt on.... but I need it in running condition so I can sell it.

Kelowna Yamaha has not returned my phone calls in 2 weeks. I guess an '85 is not worthy of their time. Anyone know a guy who would be interested in taking a look at it???

2. Remove Advertisements

New Westminster
    KLR 650
    A very ooooold friend of mine has a sister who is a part owner of the Motorrad there. Even though it's a Euro shop, you should have no problem getting someone to look at your bike. Failing that there's a big Japanese dealership on the west side. Not cheap, but they'll probably fix it toute de suite.

Ninja Streetfighter
    Go see Shawn at Innovative. He's in Rutland kind of behind the Kelowna Grand Prix go-kart track, accross the highway from Scandia / M&M. You'll get good service and a little cheaper than the big dealers.