War
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: War

dazed

War

So the U.S. have 350,000 troops iin the middle east, and the Brits have 35,000. They have taken out most of the anti-aircraft missle sites. I wonder if they are going to invade?

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    you don't spend all the time setting the dominoes up, unless you plan on watching them fall
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    the US needs to use some of there aging weapons. mass destruction? how come they don't disarm the US? hipocrates!
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

Bike
    I wish.
    Fact is: The US likes war because it's good for their economy. End of story.
    BCSB- Administrator

Bike
    sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    Originally posted by Fury
    ...how come they don't disarm the US? hipocrates!
    What!! You mean the US has weapons of mass destruction too?

Of course they would never use them against innocent civilians though.......again.... (Hiroshima, Nagasaki)
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.

Bike
    Honda NC19
    Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

"Instead of making bigger, more powerful weapons of mass destruction we should get more use out of the ones we already have."
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING : Quitting 2-Stroking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Other People's Health.

Bike
    Former ZX-6R Rider
    Saddam has absolutely no chance in hell of winning...

Let them make pyramids out of their skulls....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke-

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 Honda 500SE<- Joke, I have a nice bike
    There are only about 300 people in the world that know the whole story about what is going on inside iraq. We should withhold judgement until after the war. If you look at the history of the US going to war strage things emerge when you look at public support. The wars (WWI/II/Gulf I) that lacked early public support went well, the wars that had lots of initial support went very badly (Vietnam, Korea).
    Given the records I withhold my judgement until after things play out. What will all the pacifists say when the US finds a chem-war plant full of dead dogs?

-Sandworm

Initial support for WWII was only 7%. That means that 93% of americans were against going to war. It took pearl harbor to change thier mines. I hope we don't have to wait for a second pearl.
    NOT A LAWYER

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    I don't think too many americans supported Nam.

We all know why Bush wants to attack Saddam. Daddy hates him and now he's want's to finish the job. Also, some sort of revenge for 911 and more control over oil prices too.

A recent American poll showed that the US was the biggest threat to world peace. They want to start this war and Iraq is pacing around thinking; shit, how are we gonna get out of this one. No one really knows if they even have 'weapons of mass destruction' damn, that's all you hear in the frigging news.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

Rosco
    For the U.S. to divulge the full extent of it's intelligence info {no cracks here dammit! } would mean compromising hundreds of billions of dollars worth of intelligence gear and methods and ensure that hundreds or even thousands of human sources {which includes some high level Iraqi government officials appearantly} within Iraq meet very, very nasty fates of the hands of one of the many Iraq secret police forces.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 Honda 500SE<- Joke, I have a nice bike
    "I don't think too many americans supported Nam."

Even at the height of the anti-war movement the polls were showing 50-70% of americans supported the war. This did diminish towards the end, but initialy americans were all for it. Many people supported the war effort simply because the "hippys" were against it.
    Times were very different. The whole idea of contradicting the government was looked down on. Remember that this is pre-watergate.

-Sandworm
    NOT A LAWYER

blazinr6
    Originally posted by Sandworm
    "I don't think too many americans supported Nam."

Even at the height of the anti-war movement the polls were showing 50-70% of americans supported the war. This did diminish towards the end, but initialy americans were all for it. Many people supported the war effort simply because the "hippys" were against it.
    Times were very different. The whole idea of contradicting the government was looked down on. Remember that this is pre-watergate.

-Sandworm
    sandworms correct;
    here are the stats

support for vietnam

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    I wonder how many draft-dodgers are Canadian now? I wasn't even born when the war started in Nam. But I remember my parents had a few American friends that moved up here to avoid the draft.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    While I dont like war, I do understand why we would want to disarm them. Would you want Saddam to have chemical weapons or a weapon of mass destruction? IF he did, I'd be scared that crazy mo fo would use that bitch. So I think Canadians should support the US if Saddam has those weapons, cuz they could be used against you guys too. And whos going to defend Canada? Your army and air force?
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Originally posted by Fury
    I wonder how many draft-dodgers are Canadian now? I wasn't even born when the war started in Nam. But I remember my parents had a few American friends that moved up here to avoid the draft.
    HA HA Why do you think I just moved up here!!!
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™