Andre's mechanical on Queensborough

Thread: Andre's mechanical on Queensborough

Bike
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds

Andre's mechanical on Queensborough

Anyone have any experience with this shop? Here is mine, whether you want to hear about it or not.

G/F crashes car in snow. takes it there for a quote and the front suspension is banged up. have already been through icbc, but we are trying to pay cash and not worry about the body damage. i arrive(left work early when i find out she had it towed there) and he is telling her the quote is 1900.00 plus tax. WTF???

i tell him no thanks, and we pay for the tow and quote(fair enough).

so we decide to go through a full collision shop to deal with it all try to pay icbc before her ins. is up to avoid a surcharge.

total repairs for all the suspension work? 804.00 plus tax. that includes the tow because it was sub'd out.

should i feel offended by this or is it just me???

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    offended? no. just take your business elsewhere if you don't like the price..

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    typical let's rip off the girl b/c she doesn't know anything. Happens too often. Good thing you showed up as well.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

hanging out at timmies Array
    Bike
    a suzisomething
    andre was quoting with the gold plated bling bling parts.
    i hate guys like that,ruins the reputation of the rest of us
    he will get whats coming to him.
    tell him news of a bad rep travels at the speed of light.
    soon he wont even get a flat repair.

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    I have taken my car there for minor stuff in the past, and Andre was very competitive...I made lotsa calls before hand...I'm a due diligence type a guy.

My wife has also taken her car there, and has been treated reasonably well by Andre....he offered us a couple options to make the repairs, one being the budget choice, the other being the more costly alternate.

You have to keep in mind, not all shops specialize in all repairs, maybe he simply made an error on the guesstimate, and upon doing the work, after digging into it, the bill may have been much lower?

For suspension stuff, the last guy I used personally, was BC Shock & Strut, and they did good work for me.....I pick & chose where I take my vehicles, based on what needs to be done.

Registered User Array takin namez's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750
    cheaper doesnt always mean better.Some shops quote the price to do the job properly ,and some will quote just to get the job in and out the door.

it may have been an inflated estimate ,or it may have been right and the lower estimate might turn out like garbage

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    Sounds like the premeditated fuckover being put over on a woman to me.

I would avoid this shop like the plague after hearing this story.

Cory

EDIT: I would absolutely be offended.

Bike
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    Quote Originally Posted by takin namez View Post
    cheaper doesnt always mean better.Some shops quote the price to do the job properly ,and some will quote just to get the job in and out the door.

it may have been an inflated estimate ,or it may have been right and the lower estimate might turn out like garbage
    i FULLY understand the concept of a proper repair.

804 dollars vs 1900. give me a fucking break. he had my g/f labelled and he was a little nervous when i got there.

i had the repair done by another certified shop.. it was a sub'd out icbc repair so i didnt even talk to the mech shop. only the collision shop. they DO NOT do cheap or just enough repairs when they are doing icbc repairs.

by the way, gord-rons on edmunds is where i took it. i was told they do honest stuff there and i am quite happy with the work. and she got a courtesy car!
    Last edited by avocet; 01-08-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Gord Ron's Is excellent. They made my Colorado look like new. There not a cheapo shop also. Bladerunner works there he's there prima donna guy