BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Who went for a ride today?

2K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  VTwinVince 
#1 ·
Anyone ride to the bike show, along some back roads, or just around the block? Anyone?

I came into work about noon, and decided to awaken the old Gixxer, and bring her out for the inaugural ride of 09. 10 minutes across Surrey, not exactly a "fun" ride, but damn, did it feel good. Full leathers, layer of fleece underneath, I was toasty.

I don't know how some of you guys put your bikes away in October, and don't bring them out until April. Mines only been parked since the snow in December, and I was in serious withdrawl.

Al

#2 ·
K1200S fired up ...

from Ladner to Crescent Beach and back on a t.o.p. - beautiful sunshine but friggen cold fingers and toes - a nice hot bath-soak afterwards!!

#11 ·
Rode to VMS from Vancouver. Returned via WR. I found that only 2 bits got really cold: my fingers and my face/forehead (in spite of neck tube). I can easily fix the head problem with a balaclava and better helmet (instead of that stupid flipup I chose), but unless somebody recommends a decent pair of gloves, I have finally convinced myself I want heated grips.

#12 ·
I've got a pair of RS Taichi Evo GP gloves. Love em! Super beefy with tons of armour, and also pretty thick leather to keep hands warm on cold days. In addition, I will sometimes wear a pair of nitrile gloves under them. They keep the warm in, and the cold wind out.

I just need to find a better way to keep my balls warm. "Froze my nuts off" took on a whole new meaning today. They didn't come back down, until a HOT bath tonight. LoL

Al

#15 ·
my battery was dead?????

on the scooter.......hahahaha

my street bike is under my garage.....

the roof colapsed with the snow and the insurance hasnt showed up.....

#18 ·
Have been riding pretty much every day there has not been snow on the roads. Didn't ride to the MC show, too far for the temps. I'd be going down the freeway for an hour and a half. I don't think my hands could have taken it.

#22 · (Edited)
Sweet! I have some. :rockon
I was hesitant to try them since they list a temp that sounds like it could be too hot. But will do now. :) Where do you get them locally? I picked these up across the border while buying something completely different. Didn't know they existed until then.

BTW, for clothing, I wear my M2R Textile/mesh jacket with rain liner underneath(which blocks all the wind) and thick fleece and t-shirt underneath and I am not cold whatsoever. For pants, I have thin cargo pants I wear under my Alter Ego Joe Rocket pants(w/o the liner in).

#21 ·
I went out wearing three jackets under my AStars jacket - it already fits snug with a long-sleeve shirt on. I looked like the Michelin man.

I was pretty warm, but as usual, my knees were totally frozen and could hardly walk after an hour on the bike; it was like a night at adam112's with J_scott and excessive Crown Royal. I'm waiting for a pair of UnderArmor coldgear pants to get here, but I don't think they'll help all that much. Are there heated knee warmers available???

#26 ·
The baby ninja and I were out this weekend...it was cold but good to be out again. I can't believe they're calling for more snow, that's just not fair. I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, it'll be time to start taking the bike to work a couple of times a week (I have high expectations, I know).

#27 ·
Took it to work this morning. Only a light dusting of snow on the back road.

#28 ·
I'm impressed.

I rode yesterday but opted to carpool with the wife today. I was feeling like I'd made the wrong call when the main roads were clear but it's snowing steady in Richmond now so the ride home could be a little more exciting if the rain doesn't start....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.