Looking for shared accomodation on the mainland...

Thread: Looking for shared accomodation on the mainland...

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R

Looking for shared accomodation on the mainland...

Looking for shared accomodation on the mainland... at this point not picky about the area, but will be moving back over 'part time' in the next 6 months. Due to a job offer, but not being able to leave my job right away in Nanaimo, I will be working part time in Vancouver and basically looking for a place to stay while I am blocked for work on the mainland, until I go full time closer to the end of the year (in which case I stay in the place I find if suitable, or find another place to rent). Somewhere with garage space would be nice, to keep the bike, as well as room for a vehicle, as I will be taking one or both over during the summer months.

If you've got a room for rent or know anyone that may be looking for a roommate soon, post or PM me the details.

Cheers

-J
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

1996 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
    2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230
    2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Monster Energy Edition

Bike
    Please be more specific about the area you are looking for.
    Fraser Valley? Near DT? Surrey? etc...

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    As I said, not overly picky about the location at this point, as the health care facility I'll be working at is giving me a choice of sites at the moment... somewhere 'central' so Abbottsford, Langley, Vancouver, Burnaby-ish would be nice, within an hour from Horseshoe Bay as I will be needing to commute back and forth to the island depending on work blocks.

The plan in the long run (aka 2010ish) is to attend the JI campus in New West, so will be looking for somewhere closer to there in a year's time or so.
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

My Twitter: SH1FTG34R Array Sykk_KiLL's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    Wish I had something for yah. If I hear of anything i'll let you know. Good luck though!
    Yamaha R6
    SHIFTGEAR

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by janesee View Post
    As I said, not overly picky about the location at this point, as the health care facility I'll be working at is giving me a choice of sites at the moment... somewhere 'central' so Abbottsford, Langley, Vancouver, Burnaby-ish would be nice, within an hour from Horseshoe Bay as I will be needing to commute back and forth to the island depending on work blocks.

The plan in the long run (aka 2010ish) is to attend the JI campus in New West, so will be looking for somewhere closer to there in a year's time or so.
    FYI - Abby & Langley are far from central, and in heavier traffic are going to be much more than an hour to Horseshoe Bay.

Central would be New West, Bby, some parts of Van, areas of Coquitlam.....avoid bridges on daily commute if possible

Good luck....have you checked craigs list? - http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/roo/

Registered User Array
    Bike
    zx10
    Wish I could help on this one, good luck on your search and hope to see ya when you are over here
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki View Post
    hhhmmmmmm....maybe kawi is not junk after all....LOL

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    FYI - Abby & Langley are far from central, and in heavier traffic are going to be much more than an hour to Horseshoe Bay.

Central would be New West, Bby, some parts of Van, areas of Coquitlam.....avoid bridges on daily commute if possible

Good luck....have you checked craigs list? - http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/roo/
    My bad, I meant central to the facilities I may be working at, in the areas I've listed. I hear you on the commute/bridges though, and I'm ok with the distance to and from the ferry as in the summer months I'll be using the bike mostly to commute back and forth anyways... may just take a shot at the North Shore where I lived before... at this point I think Langley would be the farthest from the ferry I would go.

And thanks for the Craigslist tip, I've been in touch with a few people but seeing as I'd like a place to keep the bike at night, I thought this would be a better shot... people are a bit more understanding, and I may even get to live with someone I already know!

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Anyone looking for a reference for Janet can PM me....she's a bit of a bed wetter, crier......she pee's standing so no need to worry about the whole seat dilemma....

Hehe....good luck Janet !!!

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Anyone looking for a reference for Janet can PM me....she's a bit of a bed wetter, crier......she pee's standing so no need to worry about the whole seat dilemma....

Hehe....good luck Janet !!!
    Wow, lol... if you want me to stay on the rock all you have to do is say so Glenn!!

... I'll miss you too

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

Bike
    1989 Yamaha YSR80, 2005 Kawasaki ZZ-R250
    Quote Originally Posted by janesee View Post
    as the health care facility

I'm not sure if you are currently working in a hospital (I'm assuming that's what you mean by health care facility), but if you do, there is often a "marketplace" in the public folders that can be found through your email (outlook, webmail, etc). I see quite often people offering shared accomodations, places for rent, etc.

Just a thought in case you have access to that but didn't know about it. And the good part is these are also postings from health care workers.

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array Talon's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FE390 / Honda CR500
    Mid March our house has a room which will be available. North Van (Blueridge to be specific). Master bedroom with Private half bath & walk-in closet for $666.66 ($2000 divided 3 ways).
    Protect your Assets With Talon Motorcycle Technologies

See the Advertiser's Forum for the latest BCSB member discounts

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnav8r View Post
    I'm not sure if you are currently working in a hospital (I'm assuming that's what you mean by health care facility), but if you do, there is often a "marketplace" in the public folders that can be found through your email (outlook, webmail, etc). I see quite often people offering shared accomodations, places for rent, etc.

Just a thought in case you have access to that but didn't know about it. And the good part is these are also postings from health care workers.
    Thanks for the post, at this point I am currently only employed with VIHA, and all they've got on their marketplace is island listings... at this point I'm not set up with my work email at the new facility yet, but will be shortly, in which case I will check it out! Thanks again!

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Mid March our house has a room which will be available. North Van (Blueridge to be specific). Master bedroom with Private half bath & walk-in closet for $666.66 ($2000 divided 3 ways).
    This sounds like a great opportunity, but at this point I think I'll be looking for something a bit less spacious amd rent-wise, as I'll only be there a few days a week if that. Location would have been good though, and I will keep it in mind if I'm still trying to find a place closer to that time!

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230