BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Which 1098S Tricolore to buy???

6K views 63 replies 26 participants last post by  lowkey5552002 
#1 ·
Not that I am thinking about getting one, but which 2007 would you buy?

Bike # 1 which is an ex-demo bike, has been crashed, has inaccurate mileage... and was ridden by a 300lb mechanic??

OR

Bike #2 that has 2,000 km's, Bostom signatures and is asking $11,000 less?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bike #1

2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore for sale.
Second owner.
Bike looks perfect.
Was a DEMO bike, crashed once at track day.
All bodywork replaced.
All track damage replaced with new parts, no signs of hard track riding.
Actual km higher than shown, dash was replaced.
Suspension set up for 300# rider.
Mechanic owned.
Serious inquiries only

Bike #1 asking only $30,000?

Bike #2

Vehicle Description

LIMITED EDITION GORGEOUS RED/WHITE/GREEN PAINT SCHEME ONLY MADE FOR ONE YEAR. Like new. EXCELLENT CONDITION! Personally signed by Eric & Ben Bostrom. Paid $29,995 asking $19,000 obo. 2000km . . call 604.716.5369 Moving and must sell. serious calls only!

For 2007 only, the 1098S was available in an additional special 'Tricolore' version (red, white and green, the colours of the Italian national flag).. The latest 'Tricolore' sports a 1098S with the additional features of frame and wheels finished in traditional 'racing gold' colours. Intended for track use only, a power-increasing 102 dB Termignoni racing muffler kit with dedicated ECU is supplied with the bike.

Suspension is of the very highest performance standard. The fully adjustable 43mm Öhlins FG511 forks, which sport low friction Titanium Nitride fork sliders, respond effortlessly to every imperfection in the tarmac. a feature that puts every rider in superior control. The suspension system is completed and perfectly balanced by using a fully adjustable Öhlins 46PRC rear shock with a ride enhancing top-out spring, controlling the single-sided swing arm for outstanding drive, traction and steering precision. The Öhlins package is completed with a control-enhancing adjustable steering damper.
Marchesini forged and machined wheels, reducing
carbon fibre front fender.

The 1098S is also supplied with the Ducati Data Analyzer system as standard equipment. The DDA package supplied with the ‘S’ version enables the retrieval of data and analysis of data collected from your previous track session or road trip. The DDA package includes software for your personal computer on CD, a data retrieval USB key and instructions.

Bike #2 asking $19,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure would be a hard decision if I was looking for one :laughing

See less See more
#20 ·
No thanks Andrew. If I want a porky, ugly bike I will stick with the KLR :laughing

Tony: Jerry's looking to sell his 954 (it's broken in and everything) for pretty damn cheap.
Does the price include a map or GPS info on where he has distributed various parts of the bike randomly around the province?

#14 ·
Tony: Jerry's looking to sell his 954 (it's broken in and everything) for pretty damn cheap.
Don't 'cha mean it's just broken ......:eek
How is the old fart anyway?

Has he finally seen the light and looking into a Ducati or Mighty Vstrom... :evilgrin

#18 ·
I still love the looks of the 999 and the 1098, but I'd be terrified of repair/part costs. That's why I love my Honda. :)

#28 ·
The 914-6 (came with the 911's 6 cyclinder engine and tranny) wasn't THAT bad. It was the 4 cyl version with the VW engine that caused the purists to balk. In fact, the 914-6 won its class at LeMans.

Nobody has answered my question: what is wrong with the 999R?

#30 ·
Thank you! I was going to defend the honour of the 914, by bringing up the 914-6 as well. Or hell, check out the uber rare 916! Only 50 built.

Even the 914 2.0 wasn't HORRIBLE. That little VW type 4 engine can be built to make some decent power. And being a Porsche, there are ample chassis mods available as well. Plus, the 914 is cool looking little car. Then again, my 70's German steed of choice has always been the 2002, so not sure why I defend the 914, either. lol

Al

#32 ·
uh... the 914 sucked engine-wise, but worse, it looked like ass... enough to make you throw up in your mouth...

it literally almost killed the company

now... anyone who can't see the parallels to the 999 must get really lucky at about 2:30 am when the bars start to close and they've had way too much to drink.

#34 ·
The 914 had two engines, one with a VW 4 cyl and the other had the engine and tranny from the 911. Looks are subjective.

And a completely useless comment on the "parallels" between a 914 and 999.

I simply asked why you state the 999 almost killed Ducati, and what is wrong with a 999R. If you can't answer those two questions then why make your initial comment? Could you at least post some links if you don't want to waste your time typing an answer. I honestly don't know what is so bad about the 999R (or even the 999 for that matter). Is it the engine? Transmission? Frame? Suspension? Reliability?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.