Payment From US Using Money Order - Your Experience

Thread: Payment From US Using Money Order - Your Experience

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Vancouver Island
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050

Payment From US Using Money Order - Your Experience

I have an item for sale that someone from the US wants to buy and pay for with a US money order. (I would prefer PayPal but they do not have an account.) I was wondering if anyone has accepted this mode of payment and, if so, what your experience was. How secure are they? Thanks.
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

Registered User Array
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Lots of fraudulent/stolen money orders out there. I wouldn't take it. Your customer doesn't need a paypal account to pay by credit card. Only you do.

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Get them to use Paypal. Not like it takes a whole lot to sign up for an account. Probably less effort than sorting out a money order.

New West
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    how much? just accept it and dont ship until is clears. should be within 10 days. if they have a problem with that, then find a different buyer.

i have sent several mo's south, and this is standard practice.

p.s. do your homework. i dont do small deals with people that dont show up on the internet somehow... as in addresses and phone numbers. i will always know where someone lives before i do business with them.

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    If they do pay with a US Money Order, make sure it's a Postal Money order (so you know it comes from a reliable source) and make sure that they draft an International money order or you'll be traveling to the U.S. to cash it.
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

Pose 'til you Puke! Array PoserX's Avatar
    2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i
    I used to accept them and didn't have any trouble. That was in the days before Paypal, identity theft and rampant money order fraud though.

Whats the item worth? If it's less than $50 go for it.

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Suzuki Bandit
    Hmm. No chequing account, so they can't give you a certified cheque. No Paypal account means they have no credit card.

You're not dealing with someone batting 100% here financially methinks, and money orders are very easily forged.