Another Nice Riding Window this Week

Thread: Another Nice Riding Window this Week

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against

Another Nice Riding Window this Week

Just saw the weather "prediction" for Chilliwack later this week. Looks like Thursday through Saturday are going to be nice. I'm too cheap right now so I'm getting a 3 day (TOP) permit. Check it out...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Lower Mainland is not looking quite that optimistic. Fingers crossed!

Bike
    1995 ZX7
    still looks a bit too cold for me to get the bike insured. Maybe mid march when we get consistant in the double digits and daylight savings time kicks in.

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    Bike
    anyone I can lean against
    Quote Originally Posted by phuboo View Post
    still looks a bit too cold for me to get the bike insured. Maybe mid march when we get consistant in the double digits and daylight savings time kicks in.
    My thoughts as well. This is why I generally get day permits in the shoulder season. They cost between $30 and $35 for a day and around $55/60 for 3 days (unsure about the 3 day price but it is around there).

If you are insuring for a full year on a newish litre bike with full discount using ICBC for all insurance it is about $130 a month. If you are riding 3 separate days or less a month, the day permit works. Of course, this doesn't factor in the time involved getting the permit so YMMV.

Registered User Array djbrickhouse's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    I was holding out until March 1, but I insured it this past weekend and had a great ride. A couple more like that and it will have been worth it. Heck, its already worth it. Knowing the bike is there waiting for me, and noth te other way around, is great.

Now if the mornings would just be a bit warmer, I would be riding to work!

Bike
    RC-51, KX250
    I got out last saturday but despite dry asphalt there was a lot of salt on the roads. You can spot salty roads when they look a little whiter than usual. The salt actually does compromise your grip. I took a few curves on some totally dry roads and I could definitely feel the reduced traction from the salt. Just a heads up to anyone going riding. We need a good rain to wash away this salt.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    been out twice on a permit. gonna insure it. may as well instead of putting a couple days on here and there.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    ummm
    I took my bike out yesterday for a test on some mods I've done. Still damn cold, the tires can't warm up, sandy gravel all over the place. Just the same, a 1/2 hour out on it and I came back with 'that' grin.
    Styeve

More throttle less brake Array jfviffer's Avatar
    Bike
    05 vfr(deer Bait), crumphet 800 r1200s
    By the time you buy 2.7 permits you v paid for a month. at least thats what it works out for me. last yr and 07 insured beginning of feb managed to get lots of riding in. this yr has definitely been a bit colder forced me to insure middle of Feb.

Federal Protection Array shadow's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxa K5/1000
    Yeah...don't go out it's too cold.......and there's salt on the road, and your tires can't warm up......and, and, and..... bah...wussy's.
    God invented Litre Class so everybody would have a chance to chase some tail!

Bike
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    $58 a month for my wee bike with a 43% discount

I insured about 5 days ago

I couldnt take it any longer
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"