Noob Rider

Thread: Noob Rider

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2007 R6

Noob Rider

Hey guys and gals,
    I am new to this site and new to riding super sportbikes. I am in the middle of a transaction on an 07 R6 (silver and black). It has been lowered 2" in the front and ATLEAST 2" in the back if not more. I have to raise it back to stock height so i can learn on it the way im suppose to. I just dont know if the guy ghetto lowered it or did it the way he was suppose to. It is WAY lowered for an R6 though. I am 5"6 and have a half an inch till im flat footn it. Some of you will know what im talken about.

Pearl
    "We are what we repeatedly do"

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    In most cases, people use lowering links (dogbones) in the back, and raise the fork tubes through the triples in the front.

Some rear links are adjustable to stock, sometimes you simply need to get oem links...not a big deal.

The front is easy, assuming the tubes just need to go lower....loosen triple, lower accordingly.

My suggestion, take your bike out to Rod at RMR in Abby, who will not only get you set back up to stock, but also set the suspension up for your riding style and weight.

I'm a she-male. Array integra298's Avatar
    Bike
    Scooty Puff Junior.

Question Rmr

Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    In most cases, people use lowering links (dogbones) in the back, and raise the fork tubes through the triples in the front.

Some rear links are adjustable to stock, sometimes you simply need to get oem links...not a big deal.

The front is easy, assuming the tubes just need to go lower....loosen triple, lower accordingly.

My suggestion, take your bike out to Rod at RMR in Abby, who will not only get you set back up to stock, but also set the suspension up for your riding style and weight.
    Can you pass on the phone/address/website of RMR?
    -teg-

Hello? Anyone still out there? d:

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    http://www.rmrsuspensions.com/

RMR Suspensions LTD

Address:

#9 31580 South Fraser Way
    Abbotsford, BC
    Canada
    V2T 4C6
    Telephone: 604-850-1072

Registered User Array Scorpion71's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 KLR685,FZ6S
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl07 View Post
    Hey guys and gals,
    I am new to this site and new to riding super sportbikes. I am in the middle of a transaction on an 07 R6 (silver and black). It has been lowered 2" in the front and ATLEAST 2" in the back if not more. I have to raise it back to stock height so i can learn on it the way im suppose to. I just dont know if the guy ghetto lowered it or did it the way he was suppose to. It is WAY lowered for an R6 though. I am 5"6 and have a half an inch till im flat footn it. Some of you will know what im talken about.

Pearl
    Can you not just ask the seller how the work was done, DIY or shop?
    I'm just telling it like I see it !

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2007 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    but also set the suspension up for your riding style and weight.
    I know i need to get the SAG set to my style and weight. And thank you for the shop info. Ill have to check the website out.

Scorpion71
    Its DIY. He got it from an auction the title is clean. But i can tell they laid the bike down. It has frame sliders on it and on the one on left side (while sitting on the bike) you can tell it was put to use. But the fairings and anything else that was cosmetically damaged were replaced. There arent even scratches on the tank.
    "We are what we repeatedly do"