my pet seagull
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my pet seagull

streets belong 2 us Array Incantation's Avatar
    f4i, 50(was stolen), k7 750

my pet seagull

we're not allowed pets in the building and i'm a big animal lover so when i saw this guy land on our balcony in the summer i was quick and careful to start growing a bit of a relationship with him.. which basically means i give him food and he eats it. anyway.. he's pretty tame now. he eats out of my hand on a rare occasion and spends almost his entire daylight routine sitting on the balcony.. pecking at the window for food and fighting off other seagulls

with a healthy diet of pickled herring, sashimi, popcorn, bread, tuna steaks(leftovers) and other stuff (he doesn't like jalapeno peppers) he is a pretty big bird compared to all the others and they pretty much leave him be although sometimes we get some challengers

anyway.. his name is Handout and here are some pics

and a lil vid of him snacking

Victora, BC.
    That's awesome, looking past the fact that it's a "shit hawk" they are actually very intelligent birds.

When I worked at a steel mill on the Island there were quite a few regulars, and a lot of them had nests and chicks on top of the mill. They were pretty tame towards people and knew where to go for lunch and at what time.

We had one that never changed from Gray to white and had the fucking best hair-do ever, his name was "Shitty".

On the river.
    My what?
    Ha Ha, I was going to make a "shit hawk" comment too, but good for you for finding a way around what I consider to be a stupid rule. Enjoy it while you can and when this one has moved on, do it again.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Registered User Array Son of Lars's Avatar
    01 Honda RC51
    Thats sooo awesome. My ex and I did the same thing with a squirrel a few years ago. Started leaving peanuts for him, until he finally figured out we were friendly. One day, we look out the window, and see this little grey head staring at us, and clawing the windowsill. I get up, walk outside, and there he is, sitting on the front deck, waiting for peanuts. Just like your gull, he got pretty big, healthy looking by the time we finally moved away.

My ex's father had a family of skunks that used to come and hang out in the garage with him, too.

Westbank, BC
    2001 R6
    That's cool.
    Playing in the twisties!

Hahaha, right on man, love it. Thanks for sharing

I've always loved shithawks. No matter where I see them, always reminds me of the ocean

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    When I livid in East Van I used to see these hungry little hookers standing out in front of my door...

...oh wait, that's another story.
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

Spetsnaz Array
    Glorious Empire of Canada
    Future R6 Owner
    Incantation, you are my new hero lol. Amazing

hanging out at timmies Array
    posing with one of my zukes at 7/11
    a suzisomething
    i worked at a fishing lodge in rivers inlet in 1985, we had this old bald eagle
    (litteraly bald) unable to fend for himself hang out at the resort. we named him iggy and we fed him fish scraps from the cleaned fish. he would sit on your shoulder while you were cleaning the fish and patiantly wait for his piece.
    after a while he got so tame you could handle him and he just played along.
    iggy was one of the highlights of the best summer i ever had.

Canadian Murder Capital
    '07 triumph 675 (Trashed)
    Cool story , David Suzuki would be proud , ..........My son enjoyed the video of Handout eating
    I can only surmise that the "2005" in your name is derived from your year of birth. You weren't born yesterday, but pretty damn close to it. - Howattzer to Phantom2005
    BCSB Ride Video links ---

More than meets the eye Array Pvt. BLOGGINS's Avatar
    2004 Katana 750, 1992 GS500
    Awesome... Can't wait for more Handout videos

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Starbucks in turn 2.
    Onions? Awesome
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Good for you. It never hurts to show some compassion for our fellow creatures.

As for shit hawks, well I love seagulls myself. As a kid I read Jonathan Livingston Seagull and to this day the sight of a gull in flight stirs my soul. I just re-read it a few months back and that book still hits a cord.

Keep it up and let us know how things go.
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Area 604
    That's awesome! A friend of mine who lives in my building does that with crows and generations of them have returned to greet her everyday for handouts. About a dozen of them follow her when she walks to work every weekday.

Happy Camper Array BlackScorpion's Avatar
    Purgasurrey Sportbike: GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9, 2003 Derbi SuperMoto Xtreme Posts:1,000,016!!
    GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9 Posts:1,000,012!!
    Reminds me of Finding Nemo. Mine... Mine... Mine!
    Team Troll
    "Happy New Ear!" - Mike Tyson.