FS: 2005 Suzuki DRZ-SM

Thread: FS: 2005 Suzuki DRZ-SM

Registered User Array The Producer's Avatar
    North Van
    '82 Honda FT500, '58 Triumph Tiger Cub

FS: 2005 Suzuki DRZ-SM

here's the copy/paste from my craigslist ad, big pics at the bottom of the post:

BC Bike - not rebuilt.

399cc insurance (super low).

7700 kms (and ticking if the snow lets up).

Dunlops are in good shape.

Plastics are in good shape.

Yosh RS-2 full stainless system.

FCR 39mm Carb upgrade for more power.

3x3 airbox mod

Manual Cam Chain Tensioner

upgraded to late model Renthal Fat bars.

has CRG lane-splitter mirrors (negotiable).

has LED turns all round and the LED rear tail light to clean up the back

The carb and exhaust ($1200 worth of parts) have really woken up the little motor and added some much needed power. This DRZ rides nothing like a stock bike. Check out thumpertalk.com for details on these mods.

Bike has been lowered and setup for my weight (135 lbs.) This was done professionally by Rod out at RMR in abbotsford. I have the orginal spring and the front suspension can be returned and retuned for stock height.

This would be a great bike as it sits for a "vertically challenged" rider like myself. No drop links were used and the geometry/handling has not been comprimised. This allowed me to keep the stock seat as well.

Only considering selling as the opportunity has come up to buy back my old bike.

Bike can be viewed anytime in North Van as it's at my shop. It's insured as well, but no test rides without full cash-in-hand

sixohfour 202-6003

More stuff: this bike was for sale in the fall by the PO here and on CL. After selling my Ducati on a whim I picked this up to try out supermoto. I'm strictly a street rider with no dirt experience and while the DRZ is super fun (and cheap to insure!) it just doesn't do everything I want. Alsways trade-offs but the monster just has more stuff in the "pro" column in the pro/con list. I guess this could be a trade post as well if anyone has a Ducati Monster they are looking to move

Last edited by The Producer; 03-17-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added link