Export bike to USA

Thread: Export bike to USA

2006 R1-SP,2003 CBR 600rr, Santa Cruz V10

Question Export bike to USA

So last year everyone talked about importing bikes from the USA.

Now with the Can-$ exchange rate the way it is (1US$ = 1.29Can$) it almost makes sense to do it the other way.

Looking at the adds here and in Seattle it seems like prices are pretty much one to one. That basically means you can get 30% more out of your sale. Seems worth it.

Does anybody have any experience with that (car or bike)?? Are there any problems exporting a vehicle into the US??

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array sprinter 27's Avatar
    good luck selling south of the border.all i`ve seen is people selling off at firesale prices.if you have a real rare or collecter type bike you may have a chance ,but run of the mill stuff i`d doubt you will see any intrest

New West
    Ya, I remember looking into this a while back, and it's a major pain in the ass for a US buyer....red tape galore.

As sprinter mentioned, unless you have something extremely unique, don't count on anyone south of the border wasting their time with private sales.

CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    There can be substantial problems with EPA regulations.

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    I used to have friends sell gray market Gammas to the states back in the 80's. Otherwise, with Canada being only 15% of the market compared to the States, it makes no sense to sell Canadian bikes stateside unless it's a motorcycle that would otherwise not be available to American buyers (like my MT01 incidentally). And the only reason bikes in Canada don't make it to the states is EPA regulations (like my MT01 incidentally).
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson