BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

uncool MASSIVE harley throttle blip

4K views 39 replies 30 participants last post by  fish_antlers 
#1 ·
at a busy intersection is this old hairy road king with loud pipes, sitting idle, waiting for the light to turn green. An ethnic family, including an infant AND a child in a wheelchair is crossing the street and just as they pass in front of the bike, dude rips a MASSIVE throttle blip, I mean, enough to force wheelchair boy to now go out and get a hearing aid. what's up with that?

#5 ·
Cos he has to prove he's a man by riding a "motorcycle" that's priced about 4 times higher than it should be, and needing to impress a kid in a wheelchair. I bet he drives a jacked up pickup too ...

#6 ·
apparently once you purchase a harley theres no money left over for the pipes & are forced to sell your soul ..

... recently saw a complete moron on an over sized n' heavyly underpowered harley cut off a family mini van, once realizing he was about to get creamed, he proceeded to skid off into some sort of a weird wabble barely hangin' on to his ride... of course he had to drop gear and WOT his way down the lane with an obscene noise not two doors down from the cop shop...

yahh, nice one... n' i'll probably get a ticket for getting race baffles on my next bike...

#10 ·
Just sayin HI , Hi

Just following the old Honda safety guidelines---- #2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet
> melodiously at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootel him with
> vigor and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.

#26 ·
Just following the old Honda safety guidelines---- #2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet
> melodiously at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootel him with
> vigor and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.
:laughing You know, I thought the original post of the old Honda manual was mildly amusing at best. It didn't occur to me how much funnier it would be when it got dredged up and referenced in posts. Somebody post that thing over to the Harley forums so they learn how to ride real proper!:rtfm

#12 ·
Obnoxious Harley throttle blippers ....

I think it was Einstein who once said "there are only two things that are possibly truly infinite - the universe and people's capacity for doing stupid things - and I'm only really certain about the second one" ...

... proven correct by that dip-stick throttle-blipper!!

#17 ·
('I never thought it would happen to me, but...') ... I was minding my own business and a bunch of guys on race bikes came by my house on the corner and scared the bejesus out of me and my kids driving crazy and wheelie-ing!

or

[...] .. passed me and my kids in my mini van as I was taking them to soccer. They just ZOOMED over and in front of me and the last guy didn't even wave. I almost had to swerve to avoid hitting them!

or

[...] .. zoomed past me on the Sea to Sky and scared the crap out of me, they were going way too fast its not safe!

Sure there's dicks on harleys (and the OP seems to have encountered a singular one... racist and figuring the disabled need to be put in their place Im guessing). But there's dicks everywhere, and ... it might even be us sometimes.

Best to keep in mind I think.

Cory

#20 ·
('I never thought it would happen to me, but...') ... I was minding my own business and a bunch of guys on race bikes came by my house on the corner and scared the bejesus out of me and my kids driving crazy and wheelie-ing!

Going round a corner and with the front wheel in the air? Must have been Phantom2005. BTW some people like to see wheelies - just ask the bloke and his kid in the Maserati on highway 1 on sunday :flip

#27 ·
This place must be a catch basin then...

#21 ·
#22 ·
So you have the minority being held as all Harley rider now. Sounds like the same thing that happens to anyone who rides a sport bike. If you have a sportbike you must be speeding all the time and riding like an asshole and cutting people off and lane splitting. I do all of those things (except cutting people off) but it doesn't mean everyone does.

I had a nice couple on their Harleys out for a little jaunt on West Marine drive and they pulled over as soon as they knew I was behind them. They're not all bad.

#25 ·
Of course they are not all bad and we all know that there are some assholes on every make/style of bike (especially Ducattis--just kidding).

I don't lump all Harley riders together just as I don't lump any type of riders together.

The guys that bother me are the "wanna be" weekend warrior kind who act like idiots. I bet those guys even annoy other Harley riders.

#28 ·
Ha ha funny timing for this thread.

True story.

I'm driving along the trash can at 104th / scales area admiring an old timer on a early 90's gold wing. As traffic starts backing up for the portman gold wing guy moves into the curb lane and, to my surprise, rolls onto the shoulder and pins it!! :eek:

He's passing traffic flying up the shoulder.........

fucking gold wing riders are all the same, cruise along all quite and glowing lights until traffic slows, then it bad ass time!

#31 ·
As a canadian border worker told me,"no one has yet cornered the market in Asshole."
Today, it's a Harley guy, who may have been oblivious to what was going on in front of him, and trying to clear the throat of his lumpy idle/poor fuel/first ride of the year. Tomorrow it's a sport bike rider winging it up to 14,000 rpm, dragging his knee around Broadway and Granville on the way to Charbucks. Next thing it's an off roader who happens to leave knobby tracks on a trail that someone with a visible handicap happens to trip into.
As long as your pointing a parental finger at someone/other person/group, make sure all your public actions are perfect, or else you'll be flamed by some narrow group of something-or-others on a private forum someplace.

Thank you. Rant over.
Carry on riding!:laughing

#33 ·
Agree 100%.
Whether it's the idiots on HD blatting their flatulance, the sportbikes ripping it to the rev limiter, or the offroader ripping up a hiking trail, they are all friggin' "attention whores", a catagory of peoples that includes all sexes, creeds, colors. This kind of crap will get us all banned off the roads, just wait.
Steve

#37 ·
Ya know the funny thing is I have both a harley and a sportbike ...and ya my harley is loud ...slow ...heavy ......whatever else you want to call it...and like you guys I used to hate harleys ...until I rode one for a couple days....and ill tell ya after riding with both types of riders harley riders and sportbike riders ...sportbike riders are definatly more of shit disturbers...myself included when im on my sportbike ...that is all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.