Motorcycle Tag came out from Toronto, Ontario by a guy visiting Vancouver, named Gene (Lightcycle) the end of last season ..
“There's one in SoCal that's been on-going for 3 years. I'm from Toronto just visiting Vancouver, and we started our game in April. In 4 months, we're close to 100 Tags…
I just logged on here to find a location to a picture that was posted which I thought was in Vancouver. I thought it would be funny to "tag" the picture while I was on this road trip. When folks started talking about our game, someone suggested I start one here, so this is it!”
It became a huge success here on BCSB in Vancouver with over 188 tags in just 2 1/2 months, with a huge following of spectators. It is easy to play, fast paced, and highly addictive. So get on your bike, grab a camera, and have a blast playing Motorcycle Tag (season 2)
*someone takes a picture of their bike in front of a landmark located in the Map boundaries and posts it on the tag site
* Someone else recognizes the landmark, rides to the same place, and gets a photo with their bike at the same spot.
* That person gets to a computer and replies to the original Photo(see FAQ), uploads the photo with a Google map co-ordinate, and then uploads a new picture within (1) hour of the reply time
*You will then receive a point and your name entered on the score board
*the season will be divided into (3) 2 month games, whoever has the most points at the end of the 2 month game wins
(game 1) starts April 1st midnight – June 1st midnight
(game 2) starts June 1st 00:01 – August 1st midnight
(game 3) August 1st 00:01 – October 1st midnight
1) Only the original poster can provide clues to the tag, the scavenger hunt is part of the fun.
2) No more than one tag running at once.
3) Keep the tag identifiable and easy to access. Don't take a picture of a tree, mailbox, house unless there is a significant landmark on it or behind it
3A) Unclaimed tags
There will be a 24 hr Max per tag posted up, server time.
It will be under the Mods discretion to deem a tag, null and void, before the 24hr time is up.
There shouldn't be any unclaimed tags in this game, for any reason !!
*next person, other than original poster, to post a tag deemed null and void or over the 24 hr mark, will get a (1/2) point)
4) No illegal tags or high risk tags, determined by the mods
- The tag will be disqualified, determined by the mods, and the point lost and the next tagger to post the old tag and a new tag will be awarded the point
5) The new Tag doesn't have to be taken after your tagged picture; banked pictures are encouraged to keep the game flowing rapidly and to create better quality tag pictures. You only have 1 hour to post a new tag, by itself, in a new message window.
- 1/2 point will be given to the poster and 1/2 point to the person that posts a new pic if the hour time elapses
6) Digital cameras are mandatory, cel phone or wireless uploads are not allowed to keep it fair for everyone. If discovered by mods the point will be taken away.
- A warning will be issued, on first occurrence....second offense, all your points will be lost
7) You must reply to original posting of tag and provide a google link to the tag (see FAQ)
- If a Google link isn’t provided or the the old tag isn't replied to and 5 min elapses after tag is posted…..another person may post the old and a new tag, with google link, and that tagger will be awarded the point
8) Please use a new Tag picture, even if you just happen to have a picture of your bike at the Tag site, ride out and take a new one.
- If discovered point will be lost
2009 Official Map Boundaries:
Argyle - Scoring and Rules
Sinned - Photo verification
Maggotbreath - Technical adviser
please contact any of the above if you have any game issues