1994 Suzuki GS500E
Up for sale is my wife's first bike, a '94 Suzuki GS500E, one of truly great beginner bikes out there. It's also a beginner bike that you won't get bored of quickly and it's a very good highway bike with more then adequate power and 6 speed transmission. We bought it last year and it served us great. I just bought another bike for my wife so the GS is extra and it's waiting for the next person to pass the learning karma onto. It never failed us and it does not need anything. Over $2000 worth of work done on it since June 2008.
Quote from the beginner guide(on total motorcycle.com):
MBG Says: (Rating 9/10) The GS500E is an excellent way to gain experience for a minimal amount of money. The engine is practically indestructible; the bike is resistant enough to take minor falls without mach damage; the power level is ideal, since it will never surprise the rider, nor will it become boring as soon as the learning period is over; its handling is an excellent preview of serious sportbikes and its comfort level is more than fair.
- new chain and sprockets last September, not even 1000km ago, $200 worth of parts(have receipt)
- barely 2k on the tires, lots of tire life left(see photos)
- just under 46k kilometers
- removable National Cycle Street windscreen
- center stand for ease of maintenance
- in June last year the engine has completely been gone through(all seals, gaskets etc) by 5th Gear, about $1500 worth of work. (have receipt)
- at the same time, the tank has been lined so no worries about rust in there. Another $300(have receipt)
The bike is ready to ride. Like most beginner bikes it's got some cosmetic scuffs on the side, you can see some on the muffler in one of the photos. While in our possession, my wife dropped it once at a standstill, but only damage was the clutch lever that was replaced. The paint is good, still shinny, clear coat is slightly peeling off the tank, also visible in the photos. Feel free to IM me with any questions and/or to schedule a viewing.
Last edited by Batan; 04-14-2009 at 08:53 PM.