Before someone tells me to look at J_Scott's thread, I've seen it, and I'm not looking for a GPS for hiking . Slightly different use - roads, roads, roads .
I've never had a GPS so my knowledge about them is limited at best. Recommendations/tips would be much appreciated!
- Easy to take off bike and throw in the car (various mounts available)
- Can be wired to run off the bike's battery
- Can run off internal battery or at least the lighter in the car
- Can be connected to computer to add in maps and routes
- Can show the current speed (my R6 doesn't do MPH) in KMH or MPH as an overlay on the map (or at least somehow display both the map and speed)
- Has a great availability of maps for Canada and the US
- Won't bankrupt me
Additionally, it would be great if Future Shop sold this unit, as I have a friend in management that can get it for me at a nice discount.
I'm a major gadget geek at heart, so the more features the better .