2nd Gear in New West?

Thread: 2nd Gear in New West?

Yes that's my tattoo. Array bbtbikergirl's Avatar
    2007 Suzuki GSXR 600

2nd Gear in New West?

I was on 8th ave in New West and I saw a bike place called 2nd Gear. Anyone know anything about this place? Is it open yet?

2. Remove Advertisements

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

New West
    FYI: http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ghlight=museum

I was in there yesterday, first official day of business for them.

The owner was quite nice, and the basic idea is part museum (slow progression), part used bike sales + service, and part gear sales.

The gear they had was pretty much all from the Kimpex lines, and not your typical brand names.

The helmets they had were relatively budget minded, but surprisingly, a few models had the ECE22.05 rating, which is the benchmark for safety.....price, $79!! I think the brand was CKX.

That said, they did have what appeared to be some relatively good valued stuff, albeit, somewhat limited selection, and not really catered entirely to sport people.

Branded gear was Bering, and they had some tank bags, nice 1pc rain suits ($72), and other assorted things.

He also sold oil, batteries, and filters, and had a fair number of tires in stock, again, not the most aggressive sport stuff in terms of rubber....yet.

Being a New West resident, I can't help but hope he has some success, as it's neat having somewhere that close to home.....time will tell.
    Last edited by CHIA; 04-22-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    BC, Canada
    I'll stop by to take a look and say hi!