How Motivated are Dealerships to Sell
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Motivated are Dealerships to Sell

Registered User Array
    Bike
    97CBR600F3

How Motivated are Dealerships to Sell

In todays economy, they tell me it's a buyers market with cheap as dirt financing and incredible deals available on cars, trucks, TV's all that stuff.

Anyone bought a bike off a BC dealer this year?

How motivated were they to offer cheap financing or slash prices?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    They're begging for a reach around....courtesy !!

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    Bike
    itali-scrap
    dont think the economy is all that bad in BC... you're watching too much american tv.

I bought a new bike and a new car.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    There are some select deals, but those of you thinking there is a fire sale on any capital asset are out of your mind.

One Lump Sum Array
    Bike
    1997 GSX-R 600
    There aren't really any great deals out there yet. I think we're still on the downslope economically, for example there are still a lot of guys working in construction on big projects making decent money that have absolutely nothing lined up past that. They will be out of work and in really bad shape after that. I know a lot of guys that are getting laid off and running out of work, and IMO the winter coming up is going to be when things hit rock bottom. Then you'll see deals. But anything could happen, all we can do is wait and see
    1997 GSX-R 600 (high k's and missing bolts here and there)

Registered User Array DawnToDusk's Avatar
    Bike
    '09 Bandit
    just bought a bike over the winter. I had been looking since last October, testing bikes and shopping around. Once I decided on a Suzuki, I did the rounds of the Suzuki dealers, but they were all around the same ballpark - not really willing to negotiate. Then I went to Modern in Vancouver and they just gave me a price that the other Suzuki dealers could not touch. So that's where I bought. But I got the feeling the deal was because of the way Modern does business, more than because of the economic scene.

Bike
    2006 K1200S

economy/deals ...

There's a few hurtin' sellers offering some pretty sweet deals now and then on Craigs List ...

biker Array
    Bike
    2009 Ducati
    serious? the dealer said there was no discount on 2009 model.

Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    There's a few hurtin' sellers offering some pretty sweet deals now and then on Craigs List ...

Bike
    $9999.99 for a new 2008 ZX14 at RMS,
    That's a deal and a half
    MSRP $15200.00
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Bike
    itali-scrap
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    That's a deal and a half
    MSRP $15200.00

but that's not the real price.. that's the price before all their fees and taxes... once you add that in, it's the same or more than BBY kawi...

and the MSRP has nothing to do with it... all of the prices you're seeing are set by the MANUFACTURER ... not the dealer. In Canada, due to the fluctuation in currency, the OEMs left their MSRPs high, but then offered incentive and discount programs to the dealers to match the US pricing... you're not seeing anything special at any dealership... just OEM incentive being passed on to you to not import bikes from down south.

I'm in vegas for the SUpercross right now, and I'd have to say that the pricing of things overall has dropped to match or beat the US... was in target, food is now the same $ in US as it is in CDN ... spare gas and some specialty items, more or less there are fewer bargains here.

There are more babes and the weather is awesome

agreed with bandito... there is no "firesale" and there wont be. Canada just doesnt have the probs that the US does. Pretty much business as usual.. everyone who wants to work is currently working.

Bike
    ummm
    Last Saturday a guy I know picked up his '09 ZX10, RMS, 10,600 out the door. They even threw in the seat cowl.
    Steve

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_antlers View Post
    but that's not the real price.. that's the price before all their fees and taxes... once you add that in, it's the same or more than BBY kawi...
    What do you mean "it's not the real price"? It's all relative, and as real as anyone's.

Freight & PDI don't fluctuate too much amongst dealers, and then you simply have tax & doc fees.

The sales guy at RMS said that in any years previous, the most ZX14's they sold in a given month was 4....this year 56!!

Trust me, they are absolutely rocking those bikes this year, and rightfully so, it's a bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    That's a deal and a half
    MSRP $15200.00
    Careful with some dealers that may offer a low sticker price on a bike but a *huge* PDI bill to compensate.

The last time I went bike shopping at RMS, their PDI was 3X the price of Burnaby Kawasaki on a Concourse. ($299 versus $90)
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    itali-scrap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoodles View Post
    Careful with some dealers that may offer a low sticker price on a bike but a *huge* PDI bill to compensate.

The last time I went bike shopping at RMS, their PDI was 3X the price of Burnaby Kawasaki on a Concourse. ($299 versus $90)

what tatt said... 9999 is NOT the real price.. the REAL price of a bike, car etc is the Out the Door price...

now I'm repeating myself, but the price of the bike isn't set by the dealer, it's set by the OE... any lower price on a 14 is because kawi is offering a discount at the dealer level. they've purposely left the msrp high in the event the dollar tanks so they can sell for high again (I happen to know this for a fact.)

Post up what a zx14 is OTD from both bby and rms...

you know.. like flight center's ads for $99 to vegas - you go to book and find out there's $800 in taxes and booking fees...

BTW.. you can get a great deal on a pontiac right now
    Last edited by fish_antlers; 05-01-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    I got a great deal on my bike, but it sure as hell isn't as bad as I thought it would be out there. Either we're lucky, or just behind the US by a couple of months. Their prices are WAY lower down south.