Behind the scenes at Mission Raceway

Thread: Behind the scenes at Mission Raceway

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Behind the scenes at Mission Raceway

A taste of the pits.

What an AMAZING day yesterday. I don't think i've ever seen this many riders for a track day.........and so little incidents on the track.

I had some major bike issues but to those new rookies out there you'll quickly get to learn how the helpfullness and commeraderie in the pits works. Eddie (From Motorcycle World in Surrey) was out on my SV and came back 'Pretty in Pink' from my watter wetter after my rad cap blew. The rad was all bent where the cap goes but never leaked until race induced stress caused a plumbing problem. Mean while i'm out on my RMZ Super Moto and my slipper clutch completely failed..........two laps with NO clutch. What a day.

Got back to the pits......walking.........and we took the rad off the bike. I went top Lordco looking for a local rad shop..........none in Mission. So I thought, "little bike shops work miracles with nothing" so I went to see Tony at Mission Motorsports. Turns out he used to sculp aluminum.......tink, tink, tink. "How much do I owe you Tony"? He comes back with "Have a good day".

I get back to the pits and here is my RMZ laying on it's side, Eddie's got the clutch out and fixing the problem. It meant the world to me. I was already thinking 'go home, grab the spare clutch and more oil'.

We rode all afternoon on two flawless bikes.

So the PIT experience is the other best part of racing. Racers helping racers. To all who helped out. Marbod (for setup and sv adjustments), Karim (for filling my tank in a rush), Dean, Brett, Jayson and Jacalyn (Offering me SV parts), Chris and his Girlfriend (who offered me the shield off her street ride), Rod for a killer setup on my Supermoto, and of course Eddie who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty and save me a ton of time and moral support.

You guys ROCK!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    So excited you couldn't sleep eh buddy?
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Great to hear, Bernie.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Bike
    2004 gsxr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by rscudiver View Post
    A taste of the pits.

What an AMAZING day yesterday. I don't think i've ever seen this many riders for a track day.........and so little incidents on the track.

I had some major bike issues but to those new rookies out there you'll quickly get to learn how the helpfullness and commeraderie in the pits works. Eddie (From Motorcycle World in Surrey) was out on my SV and came back 'Pretty in Pink' from my watter wetter after my rad cap blew. The rad was all bent where the cap goes but never leaked until race induced stress caused a plumbing problem. Mean while i'm out on my RMZ Super Moto and my slipper clutch completely failed..........two laps with NO clutch. What a day.

Got back to the pits......walking.........and we took the rad off the bike. I went top Lordco looking for a local rad shop..........none in Mission. So I thought, "little bike shops work miracles with nothing" so I went to see Tony at Mission Motorsports. Turns out he used to sculp aluminum.......tink, tink, tink. "How much do I owe you Tony"? He comes back with "Have a good day".

I get back to the pits and here is my RMZ laying on it's side, Eddie's got the clutch out and fixing the problem. It meant the world to me. I was already thinking 'go home, grab the spare clutch and more oil'.

We rode all afternoon on two flawless bikes.

So the PIT experience is the other best part of racing. Racers helping racers. To all who helped out. Marbod (for setup and sv adjustments), Karim (for filling my tank in a rush), Dean, Brett, Jayson and Jacalyn (Offering me SV parts), Chris and his Girlfriend (who offered me the shield off her street ride), Rod for a killer setup on my Supermoto, and of course Eddie who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty and save me a ton of time and moral support.

You guys ROCK!
    I would totaly have agree with Above. I had bike problems on Friday myself and everyone helped out and more. Still ended up blowing my engine but found one from Rusty Thanks and hopefully have it back running ASAP. Thanks to all who helped and I intend to do the same to fellow racers.

I corner worked on Friday for the practice day and wow. I highly recommend to do this its alot of fun and you can see race lines better than ever. You can also see the faster riders technics which are way different than the Novices myself included.

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array
    Bike
    03 RC51,03 ZX6RR
    geesh, all those thanks and chop shop doesnt even get one for the cheap sv, hmmph. you can thank samson for the radiator deal, he "borrowed" the original one from that bike a year ago, and i guess that was his idea of a replacement,damn people, just send him a bill.
    Bikes and parts for sale, all 99+ sportbikes, call Brad 604-837-2942
    www.thechopshopcycle.com

Bike
    My what?
    It's ok Brad, we all appreciate you A LOT. Now put the bottle down and step away from the keyboard.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    No worries Bernie, I know you'd help me out if I needed it.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosonoma View Post
    geesh, all those thanks and chop shop doesnt even get one for the cheap sv, hmmph. you can thank samson for the radiator deal, he "borrowed" the original one from that bike a year ago, and i guess that was his idea of a replacement,damn people, just send him a bill.

Well that explains ALOT! I was wondering how a bike that's crashed on the left has a bent right radiator and the cap was impacted. Bike runs very well though and it was probably the most fun class i've been in at Mission. If you've never run a spec class where all the bikes are pretty much the same you have to try it. It's all about being smooth, hitting EVERY shift and maximizing brake markers. And of course visit the Chop Shop for all your bits and pieces.........wish I had a spare rad there! Thanks again Brad for the SV. She ran strong and Dynoed at 67HP. I have 8HP to massge out of here yet.