BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Who does the best roadrunner impression?

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  1L Duck Eater 
#1 ·
I am still breaking in my new rear D207. I was entering that big corner on the north end of the lions gate. I enter at about 60 and work the throttle a bit to get a feel for the new tire. Half way around this big black Jag come wipping by me at about 85.

I end up beside this thing at the top of taylor way (the turn to the church/upper levels). The guy starts ranting about how much of an idiot I am to be driving so slowly. When the light turns green he goes ripping ahead of me and dives into the corner. As I pull out of the left hand turn (onto the onramp) I see him flooring it up the onramp. I decide to give my rear tire a "test".

Does anyone else love makeing the "meep meep" noise with thier horn as they pass big 150,000$ 93octane-burning, 20L/100km cars?

-Sandworm

#3 · (Edited)
Hahaha i never do the meep meep thing...but maybe i will. I jus let him hear my D & D pipe scream thru his $2000 windsheild while i sing "another one bites the dust". Haha...no better feelin that whipping past a dood on an exotic sport car that he/she probable paid over $100,000 for...on ur bike that cost no more than $5,000..

#5 ·
I will undoubtledly let my Yoshimura Vtwin note do the talking with the cagers who think that they even have a chance but you make a good point....

I have purchased a 130db low-tone horn for my next VTR which (if memory serves me right) should match the lower frequency of Road Runners "meep meep".......most sport bikes use a higher frequency horn.

#8 ·
Sandworm said:
I am seriuosly looking at installing a dodge ram 2-tone horn.

-Sandworm
An issue with that is people associate familiar sounds with familiar objects. Truck horns, car horns, bike horns etc...

I've heard a Goldwing, with what must have been am airhorn, letting a cager have it.
I personally was expecting to see a Mack truck when I looked to the source of the noise. Needless to say I was quite surprised.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing......just an observation

#9 ·
I just 'meep' once, then I loop it on the sound track.

What I've found to be even more effective is when I hook up my ACME rocket charger to my tail...then I really leave them in the dust.
Except this one time this smart-ass cager painted the picture of a tunnel entrance onto a stone wall...that got me good. I damn near turned into a pancake I slammed into it so hard. :mad

#10 ·
Sandworm said:
Does anyone else love makeing the "meep meep" noise with thier horn as they pass big 150,000$ 93octane-burning, 20L/100km cars?

-Sandworm
This reminds me of that button that read "PRESS HERE" at the motorcycle show in Abottsford. Then a big loud horn blasted in your ear.
That was funny.

#12 ·
Last weekend I installed a Fiamm Freeway Blaster horn, < $30 at Canadian Tire. This morning I had the opportunity to use it as some jerk changed lanes without looking first. Loud! Much louder than my stock tooter. Unfortunately it was my brakes that saved my skin, not the horn. Grrrrr!

But the louder horn is great :) Dead easy install too.

G
#16 ·
Here's mine :) I was coming down the road were i live and i was going slow because it was a residential area and i know there are alot of kids around. So i am just crusin and a lady almost jumps infront of my bike and starts gesturing to slow down i look at the speedo and i am doin 30 kmh i am like what the *#@* so i turn around and i start riding towards her on the opisite side of the street and i pull the bike into a wheelie and give her a BEEP BEEP and wave as i wheelie past here now she has something to be upset about. I know it was dumb but it just made me mad when i am not doing anything wrong and people are still on my ass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.