Motorcycle racing pool...who wants in?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle racing pool...who wants in?

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis

Exclamation Motorcycle racing pool...who wants in?

I mentioned this idea a few months back, just as the WSBK season was drawing to a close. There seemed to be some interest, so I figured I'd put something together for the 2003 season.

My question are (1) Who wants to participate? (2) How should we do this?

Does anyone know of a Superbike pool you can set up online...like you can with hockey pools? That would likely be easiest. If anyone knows of something like this, let me know.

-or-

We can make our own rules. I usually do this with my cousin and his friend...we each pick six riders, 2 from AMA superbike, 2 from MotoGP and 2 from WSBK. The guy with the most accumulated points wins, and you get extra points if your guy wins a championship.

If there are like 5+ people though...this method likely won't work. We can come up with new rules, or limit the participants. And also we can add extra series to get a larger pool of riders to pick from...like AMA 600SS, FormulaX, 250GP, World Supersport, etc. I can keep track of points after every race weekend.

We can also come up with some sort of prize...like we each pitch in $10-$20 and the winner gets the pool...or we can purchase something with it to give to the winner.

What do you guys think? I can't remember who showed interest last time...CDG? Corner Carver? Human? Who else???

Participants:
    1)KO7
    2)CG
    3)Adamantium
    4)Shooter (?)
    5)Z-rex
    6)PH-Q2
    7)blazinR6
    8)Harps
    9)auger
    10)Got RICE???
    11)VancityR6
    12)actionmechanic
    13)Big_Bird
    14)slugo
    15)jumby
    16)Atomlowe
    Last edited by Harps; 02-10-2003 at 01:56 PM.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

KO7
    I'm so in Harps, I'm a big fan of moto racing.

Bike
    this will be tuff if we get alot of people, i'd hate to be stuck with 3rd rate teams in my pool heh.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    I wish.
    I'd be in, I watch most of the racing and this would be a fun way to really want someone to win.
    BCSB- Administrator

Bike
    CBR600F-something
    I'd like to be in, but I'll offer to bow out if there gets to be too many people.

The pool could be like the Fantasy F1 pool, where you're given a budget of £50 million and each driver, each engine and each tire are worth a certain amount. You gotta build a team of six drivers and six engines and one tire with your money. Just a suggestion.

Bike
    Yes
    Count me in.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by shooter
    The pool could be like the Fantasy F1 pool, where you're given a budget of £50 million and each driver, each engine and each tire are worth a certain amount. You gotta build a team of six drivers and six engines and one tire with your money. Just a suggestion.
    hmmm...that's a good idea too. That would allow more people to participate.

Any other ideas? Or we might have to get a couple of seperate pools going...
    Last edited by Harps; 02-10-2003 at 01:56 PM.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    1198 S 999R 990 superduke
    I'm IN
    Getting married is like stickin your hand in a running lawnmower.....if you are smart..you'll only do it ONCE !
    (by S Whiting)

I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

blazinr6
    in like flynn

auger
    I was involved with www.fantasy-superbike.com. a while back. It is similiar to what Harps is proposing.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Thanks auger...I'll have a look at that site when I get home.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Got RICE???
    i am in... sounds interesting...

VanCity6R
    I would definately be interested in taking part, but I would like to have a category for either AMA Supersport, World Supersport or both.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis

wasting time...

So I'm up at school reading...and I decide to start wasting time. BIG mistake.

Anyways...I came up with some tentative rules...review them, and tell me what you guys think.

-Everyone gets a total of 6 picks

-You can pick any rider from the following eight series: (1) MotoGP (2) FIM 250GP (3) World Superbike (4) World 600 Supersport (5) AMA Superbike (6) AMA 600 Supersport (7) AMA Formula Xtreme (8) Canada Superbike. The reason for so many series is so that we have a deep enough pool of riders to pick from.

-Points will be awarded based on MotoGP scoring, ie 25pts for 1st, 20pts for 2nd, etc. down to 1pt for 15th.

-Points will be WEIGHTED. What I mean is...there are 16 races in MotoGP, but only 8 (I believe) in Canada Superbike. So a win in Canada superbike, will be worth double the points (to your individual total) than a win in MotoGP, or AMA superbike which both have 16 races. (tell me how you feel about this...)

-The season will start with the Daytona AMA race (I think that's the earliest race?) and end with the Phillip Island MotoGP race (I think that's the last one).

-Trades are allowed, but must be declared (on a designated thread) before Friday of the race weekend. If you trade you may hold as many riders as you'd like, if you do a 2-for-1 trade for example. BUT you cannot hold any less than 3 riders.

-Everyone will also get to pick a manufacturer to win a specific series. For example, you can pick Honda to win MotoGP, if they win you get an extra race-win added to your point total. If they get 2nd, you get a 2nd place, etc. BUT you get no extra points if Honda wins a different series as well.
    (what do you think about this?)

-You also get (how many?) extra points if any of your riders win a championship.

-In the case of a draw at the end, the winner will be decided by a race around the world. It will commence the following day at Chester's Square, the Queen herself shall drop the checkered flag.

What do you guys think? What do you want to change? Any rules you want to add, or remove? Anything sound unfair, or unclear?

By my count, it should still work with up to 10 participants. That will leave us with about the top 7-8 riders from each series to be picked. If more people want to do it, we can have two seperate pools.

-edit- Oh yeah...how we pick teams. We'll have some random way to decide order for the draft, numbers in a hat or something. Orders will get reversed from round to round, if you pick first in round 1, you will pick last in round 2, ect.
    Last edited by Harps; 02-06-2003 at 04:14 PM.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    I want to bet on the Canadian stuff. I have more interest when I can see them live ;-)
    Just like the horses.....................
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483
    http://daytonaparty.shawwebspace.ca/
    DO IT!