264th Loop, beware.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 264th Loop, beware.

Bike
    cbr600rr

264th Loop, beware.

On Monday May 25th, a friend of mine reported to me that along 264th from the 3 or 4 way stop (I forgot) all the way down to 88th there was gravel dumped....I don' know if this is yearly occurrence...I noticed last year something similar on 80Ave (L-84th,L-McIver,R-80Ave [tight hairpin, steep grade....sprinkled gravel last year.....]R-Armstrong, R-River..and your on your way back to 272nd)..which obviously surprised me...I thought how cruel...but then..I saw the reasoning behind it...not agreeing with it of course.

As he proceeded with caution...he continued up 272nd...and noticed he was being tailed by an unmarked expedition...all the way back to the Tim Hortons (McDonalds, plaza) on 264th. The officer didn't do or say anything...just stared and went back down 264th...I'm assuming to stage there again.

Now we've got "booby (not boobie ; ) traps" to deal with *sigh*

Does or did this happen anywhere else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    The area is heatscore, it's where I was pinched, we need to firebomb the whole area
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    That is lovely rural countryside, why you got to rip it up so much?

LOL.

Unregistered rider Array KingHD's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 ZX14 old bike
    so much for my quick riding area! now i got go farther away. WA State is looking better and It is closer to home.
    "GONE RIDING"

"It's a motorcycle, not a UFO you are riding."

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    Being in the "going for a ride you wanna come" section, I thought we were going for a ride??
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin
    *** moved to general sportbike***

Good warning, wrong forum

I'm not shocked that there is more enforcement in the area, motorcycle traffic has really picked up there in the last few years and I'm sure the residents are not overly thrilled with it.

Too bad, some of the last decent local roads...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 RC51
    One more reason to go slow through there!

I live just off 264th by the County Line school. I hear the sport bikes up and down there all the time and those god awful noisy Milwaukee twins as well. I'm sure some of the locals ahve complained, there are some whiners in the neighbourhood. That's my once around the block test route- 264th to river back up 272. I hit a deer there (right by the sign) in my van last Feb ($3000 thank you very much ICBC) and on Sunday about 1:00 PM one jumped out in front of me (deer not a van), with about a 3 day old fawn following - Mom jumped back in the bush and the RC followed the baby about 100 yds down the road very slowly, before it managed to get back to the bush. the Tr Sprint behind me had to haul up pretty hard.

I've lived here a long time and never seen so many deer on that corner, about 20 in the field beside the road one day, not long ago.

Watch the ditches!

Bike
    2008 ZX14
    Thats my daily route home. I saw the gravel at 264 and River rd the other day. Makes me want to string up the pos who did it. Totally deliberate the way its laid out.

As for cops, I must be lucky cuz I've only seen a speed trap once. And that was eastbound on 56th at 272.

WTF is with the 60km limit on River Rd though? That's probably why you guys have seen so many cops around there. Set a ridiculous 60kph limit on what should be an 80kph zone and then wait. They don't bother you for doing 15 over but everyone, even cagers, goes 90+ through there because you would assume it's an 80 zone. So the cops don't even have to work to get you on a 35 over the limit.

To torque or not? Array CaribooBC's Avatar
    Bike
    94 Ducati 900 SS CR, 86 NS400R and 98 R1100S
    Back in the mid 80's we used to ride Sylvester Rd east of Mission a lot, the same thing would occur out there. One of the locals got pissed at us and decided to take matters into his own hands and spread gravel across the road in strips about a foot wide right in the middle of some of the best curves.
    86 Honda NS400R Bone stock, 94 Ducati 900 SS CR Hot Rod, 98 BMW R1100S The Bagger.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 RC51
    Just ran 264th/272nd and there is a few stones only just on the double yellow and edge on the first corner north of the RR overpass on 264th - otherwise clean. They have been cleaning ditches all over here with the township dumptruck - I saw stuff falling off it a couple of days ago. I don't think anything sinister there, just a sloppy load. Now I think I have to go to Ft Langley for --- well something surely.

Registered speed offender Array tokyoguy's Avatar
    Bike
    Adidas (currently)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggixxer View Post
    so much for my quick riding area! now i got go farther away. WA State is looking better and It is closer to home.
    Maybe someone can clarify, but I thought that "what happened in WA on the roads, stay in WA", i.e. doesnt affect the license, just have to pay the tax.

In Ontario for example, tickets in New York and Michigan come back to haunt you, but I thought those were the only 2 states.

Anyone know any different about Washington? I might have to stop ripping it down I-5 with abandon...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 RC51
    The last Time i got ticketed in WA I was told by the cop, "Pay the fine in XX (I think 30) days no BC points - Don't pay the fine in 30 days = BC points as well"

Bike
    cbr600rr
    Quote Originally Posted by AVINTWIN View Post
    Just ran 264th/272nd and there is a few stones only just on the double yellow and edge on the first corner north of the RR overpass on 264th - otherwise clean. They have been cleaning ditches all over here with the township dumptruck - I saw stuff falling off it a couple of days ago. I don't think anything sinister there, just a sloppy load. Now I think I have to go to Ft Langley for --- well something surely.
    I guess you should have seen it on the 25th. Regardless, it's good to hear that it's up and running. Thanx for the update.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by AVINTWIN View Post
    The last Time i got ticketed in WA I was told by the cop, "Pay the fine in XX (I think 30) days no BC points - Don't pay the fine in 30 days = BC points as well"
    That is complete bullshit.

It's a fine and nothing more.

If you get convicted of a appearance type charge and the result is a suspended drivers license, that disqualifies you from driving anywhere, period.

But a general speeding ticket in Washington, Oregon or California will never ever show up on your drivers abstract.

I have had a few tickets over the years down there, and they have never shown up.

Bike
    Honda 599
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribooBC View Post
    Back in the mid 80's we used to ride Sylvester Rd east of Mission a lot, the same thing would occur out there. One of the locals got pissed at us and decided to take matters into his own hands and spread gravel across the road in strips about a foot wide right in the middle of some of the best curves.
    Sylvester is still pretty gravelly at times, which is too bad cause it's otherwise a fun road. If somebody here had access to a city street sweeper I sure could think of a few ways for him to earn some beer.