Flat Tire in Garage

Thread: Flat Tire in Garage

Registered User Array
    k5 GSX-R600

Flat Tire in Garage

Hey guys,

Got a new problem that sort of needs fixing. About early May, before I headed to China, I did my regular checks on my bike to see if all things were fine and found out that my rear tire is completely flat. Now it's just sitting in my garage awaiting my return to finally get fixed. I thought it'd be a good opportunity to ask for help on how to deal with it as my residence is a duplex and the driveway is quite steep. I reside in Richmond so I dunno if any of the tow truck companies even have the proper rigging to take up a motorcycle. I think so far, that's my biggest problem, which is getting the flat bike to a shop.

As well, do you guys have any recommendations on how I can purchase specific tires? I'm thinking about getting Pirelli Diablo Rossos. I think I'll probably just be replacing the rear tire, or should I be doing both?

Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements

Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Honda. Still. Again.
    This may be the perfect example of the benefits of owning, and knowing how to use, a flat repair kit and miniature compressor.
    Find the hole/leak, ream it out, plug it and fill it with air.
    You may now ride to the nearest repair shop for a new set of tires.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    Portable pump is yer buddy.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

08 Albino 848
    Crappy Tire has tubeless repair kits for $10, portable compressors ranging from $10-$40. Or if you have a rear stand, take the wheel off an drive it to a shop.

Vancouver Island
    T4 - GSXR750 #23
    Pop the tire off and take it in for repair/replacement.. Much cheaper than getting it towed..

All you need is a couple of tools and a stand..

I am a complete retread with tools but even i can take off a wheel.. hehe

Will wheelie 4 boobs! Array Jave's Avatar
    06 R6... Redline: 27000000 bitches!
    Why can't you just roll it down your driveway carefully? Then put it on either a tow truck or a buddies truck. I can't think of any hill that would be too steep to just cover the front brake and walk it down.
    Danger 4 dinner... Sex 4 breakfast...