local BC boating forum ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: local BC boating forum ?

Bike
    Raven yammi

local BC boating forum ?

does anyone know any good local bc boating forum ? I googled a bit and it came out with forums rarely have people posting in it.

Bike
    Demo Days
    Quote Originally Posted by iakai View Post
    does anyone know any good local bc boating forum ? I googled a bit and it came out with forums rarely have people posting in it.
    Did it have any of those RIP threads, or "To the guy in the white Sea Ray leaving False Creek on Sunday, dude you cut me off, didn't "Red Right Return" and where were your life jackets" threads?

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Did it have any of those RIP threads, or "To the guy in the white Sea Ray leaving False Creek on Sunday, dude you cut me off, didn't "Red Right Return" and where were your life jackets" threads?
    That's hilarious!!! Congrats.....I just shot my morning coffee through my nose.

Get outta the fast lane!! Array westvan_dude's Avatar
    Bike
    04' Suzuki SV1000S, 01' BMW K1200LT, 94' Suzuki Intruder 1400
    That's funny.

Don't know of any forums. Met a lot of people while taking the Power Squadron course. http://vancouver.powersquadron.ca/

They have quite a few organized events.

Bike
    Raven yammi
    i just want to make sure that is it necessary to have a license to operates a boat ?

You like popsicles? Array Hogie's Avatar
    Bike
    huh?

a noob who can't ride Array weitaro's Avatar
    Bike
    scrap metal
    ohh NICE
    i was just looking for courses to obtain the license.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Did you buy all your boating gear first? Make sure you dont start out on a big yacht or anything. A row boat is the best way to learn the ropes.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Registered User Array
    Bike
    none

BC Boating Forum

Take a look at BC Boating Forum

If your boat has a 10 Hp or greater motor, it must be licensed. As of September 15, 2009, all operators must have proof of proficiency. If your boat is under 4 m. you need the proof now.

One form is the Pleasure Craft Operator Card which you may obtain after writing an exam. If you have completed a boating safety course such as the Canadian Power & Sail Squadron Boating Course or a Canadian Yachting Association Basic Cruising or Basic Powerboating prior to April 1, 1999 you are qualified. Proof of qualification must be carried onboard along with photo ID.

Visit PCOC FAQ's

Registered User Array cyclestarter's Avatar
    Bike
    Blue Sport Tourer
    Posts #2 & #8 had me half over laughing.
    I'm still waiting for boating post on having their boat knocked over or someone stealing their life-vest off their seat!
    ~
    I love the sound of an idling bike early in the morning

Bike
    row boat is the best way to learn the ropes
    I did that now do I get to move up to electric?

on a serious note this tread made me think....does anyone wana invest in the first floating starbucks???

the media attention would be crazy its a bag full of money just waiting
    Curent Ride
    08 Husky smr450
    kx 450f
    You are 100% Pure Awesome!

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    I was boating at Alouett today...rescued 3 guys that fllipped their canoe...20 boats around and no one went to help..once I was there helping a few others showed up...At the ramp it was gong show delux!!! 3 out of 10 left their leg down while pulling out. Idiots comming into the slow to 8 kph area on plane...saw at least 5 boats towing tubes with no spoters...good entertainment!!! soon there will be a death...amazing!!!

pictures to follow..me tired
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dn5up View Post
    I did that now do I get to move up to electric?

on a serious note this tread made me think....does anyone wana invest in the first floating starbucks???

the media attention would be crazy its a bag full of money just waiting

That's a fantastic idea! Yesterday in the US they launched a floating mobile KFC! http://www.reuters.com/article/press...009+BW20090828

BTW, Mr. Sushi good job for helping. It's actually a criminal offence to not render assistance if it is in your means to do so on the water.Look it up......you need to know it for the proficiency card.

Bike
    '07 triumph 675 (Trashed)
    Boat hit rocks on S2C- ------RIP lil dingy . This is just a reminder that rocks can and will happen , keep the wet side down , be a Life jacket Nazi (ATLJATT) , and don't forget , loud motors save seals. Sorry for the noob question , but can you re-jet a jet boat ?? where is the best place to buy marine oil ?? can I use any fuel or just chevron from the floating pumps in the harbour ??
    I can only surmise that the "2005" in your name is derived from your year of birth. You weren't born yesterday, but pretty damn close to it. - Howattzer to Phantom2005
    BCSB Ride Video links --- http://vimeo.com/search/videos/search:jafkaf/431febee

Bike
    2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
    Is is safe to patch your zodiac or must it be replaced?
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."
    ~Last words of Gen. Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson