GPS road test?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GPS road test?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Mine and Mine

GPS road test?

Has anyone done their road test with a GPS on board?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    SV650S
    i would think one would have enough to concentrate on let alone knowing where the next timmy-ho's is gonna pop up...

Bike
    None right now...
    No, but do I ride with a GPS on the bike now... I don't use the stock speedo anymore. Why do you ask?
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Mine and Mine
    For that very reason. My stock speedo is ok but it's off. By how much, I have a hard time figuring out. There is too much to pay attention to out there. I know there is some give and take with the speed (+ or - 5km/h) but just the same, the GPS also provides me with Park zones and school zones as well as speed limits.

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandley View Post
    There is too much to pay attention to out there.....the GPS also provides me with Park zones and school zones as well as speed limits.
    You should be looking at the road, not at the GPS to tell you it's a school zone.

;D

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Mine and Mine
    I hope you understand that i am not staring at my gps. Like I said, There is waaaaaay too much to pay attention to out there.

It gives audio warnings

Registered User Array
    Bike
    If you need a GPS to pass a simple road test, you shouldn't be riding

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Mine and Mine
    You members are a bunch of sh*t stirrers aren't you? Its easy. Reply to the topic or don't.

Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Bike
    Shuttleworth Snap
    Shandley, your post was pretty vague in that the question left you open to all sorts of comments.

Did anyone do their test whilst wearing runners - with waterproofs strapped to the seat - wearing a backpack etc.
    If you'd mentioned straight off the bat that you were using it as an accurate speedometer it would have made sense.
    Even when you spell stuff out very concisely on this (and other forums) your intent will be misenterpreted by some (?most? )
    STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Mine and Mine
    You're right Mechanic. Thanks... but the post wasn't asking if a GPS would steer me away from what I am suppose to be doing. I guess I am just use to forums where a question is asked and discussed for the purpose of an answer, not to fling opinions all over the wall.

I shall be more informative in future posts. Thanks to..... hmm... Spike for an answer.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    Use a GPS to determine what your speedo says when the GPS says your doing 30K, 50K, 60K etc and figure out the percentage your speedo is out and you're good to go.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Going slow to go fast Array Castro's Avatar
    Bike
    07 R6, 07 KX250F
    I don't know of anyone but try it and let us know how it goes.

I took the course through Action and they did a test run through the most likely route for the driving test. It all worked out fine.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Is there a speedohealer available for your make and model of bike?

Aside from that, if you can get someone in a car to drive ahead of you at 50kph exactly, you can check your speed as you follow them to get an accurate reading, that will tell you how much you are out.

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    Just go the posted speed limit as indicated on your speedometer and you will be fine for the purposes of your road test.

Shandly, you will go down in BCSB history for the most pre-road test research ever! Not only here either but on other forums too no less. You are over thinking this. You don’t need to know every school and playground zone in advance. That is why they have conveniently posted signs at every one of those speed zones.

No the pic is not me Array snowshark84's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Is there a speedohealer available for your make and model of bike?

Aside from that, if you can get someone in a car to drive ahead of you at 50kph exactly, you can check your speed as you follow them to get an accurate reading, that will tell you how much you are out.
    If all vehicles have a slight speedo error, how would that work then if the car could also have an error?
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.